User Tag List

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Razorlab's 'simple' build

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s pretty cool! What’s the price on that?
    I’m assuming the files are enormous?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    That’s pretty cool! What’s the price on that?
    I’m assuming the files are enormous?
    @Black E

Here is the website with all the details: https://www.rylo.com/

It's $499 normally but I used a $75 off coupon. Bit pricey at 500 but 425 was easier to swallow.

File size isn't that bad somehow. They say it's 4k but it's a bit of a lie. Perhaps it's closer to 4k before you output it.

The file outputs are 1920x1080 which is a bit off from a 4k 3840x2160 .

An output 4 minute video is about 750mb. The raw file is 1.82gb
    Last edited by razorlab; 12-31-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another one, four minutes long, just driving around normal. Messing with the "look at this" feature in the editing app.

This is a super bumpy area and the stabilization worked pretty darn well.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow neat little gadget!! Please make some update posts on the camera, may have to get one in the future.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ wow, that is pretty neat!

Now we know what razor looks like hahaha, at least from the side wearing the wayfarers!

i like the one where you are making a u-tuns and the camera is spinning also.
    '11 GSR
    Current
    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. Self tuned

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    ^ wow, that is pretty neat!

Now we know what razor looks like hahaha, at least from the side wearing the wayfarers!

i like the one where you are making a u-tuns and the camera is spinning also.
    At least my lazy ass, haven't showered in a couple days because I'm on vacation look.

Just to be clear, the camera doesn't spin at all. It's stationary the whole time.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the car on a real dyno today. This is a local Mustang dyno.

28.5psi flat across
    14* max timing (8500rpm)
    11.5-11.7 AFR

I'd turn it up more but I'm dropping fuel pressure 8,000 RPM +

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good power for the boost and timing. You could obviously run more timing but I know you’re not going for all our power.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Black E

Is it normal for the 4B11 to drop 2-3psi of oil pressure past 8,000 rpm?

See plot of rpm and oil pressure here: https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/sedyno...&zoom=828-1176

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    @Black E

See plot of rpm and oil pressure here: https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/sedyno...&zoom=828-1176
    Why the saw tooth RPM at 8600? The drop is symmetric around 8,800. Isn't that where the OEM oil pump begins to cavitate?
    The finger cannot point at itself.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Black E

here is my datalog for reference. i wasn't able to play with it more due to cold temps, but you can see the oil pressure at least.

https://datazap.me/u/mityaz/205-3rd-...ata=2-15-17-21

EDIT: are you at like 52-53psi base fuel pressure?? it looks like the FP goes up 1:1 up to like 6300RPM (with a delta of 53psi) but then it starts to drop
    Last edited by mityaz; 01-04-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    '11 GSR
    Current
    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. Self tuned

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Black E

I would not sweat that to much, is actually holding great pressure but they all drop some pressure pass 8k, some more then others.
    The scary data comes after 9500

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemuth View Post
    @Black E

Why the saw tooth RPM at 8600? The drop is symmetric around 8,800. Isn't that where the OEM oil pump begins to cavitate?

Is probably due to a couple factors. One is cavitation and this will get worse the more you rev it out and the other is oil temperature. As is revs out at some point the supply of “cool” oil runs out and the pressure will continue to drop until the temperature starts to stabilize and plateaus.

The saw tooth is probably due to high sampling rate but that does happen in the real world, just to fast for us to hear or feel. Also manual transmission cars see this more since they don’t have a huge torque damper hung on them like auto or flappy paddle boxes.
    Last edited by Black E; 01-04-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    razor did you shim the oil pump?
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemuth View Post

From hitting the rev limiter. I found out that if you change the rev limiter to 9,000 in Alt Map 1 but keep the rev limiter at 8600 in base map on flex fuel, it uses the base map limiter and not the Alt Map limiter . Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    razor did you shim the oil pump?
    Nope.

EDIT: are you at like 52-53psi base fuel pressure?? it looks like the FP goes up 1:1 up to like 6300RPM (with a delta of 53psi) but then it starts to drop
    41 psi with hose on at idle. Thanks for your log. What is your fuel setup again? It looks like you have no fuel pressure drop at all at much higher boost than me.

I would not sweat that to much, is actually holding great pressure but they all drop some pressure pass 8k, some more then others.
    The scary data comes after 9500
    Thanks, that is helpful. I haven't seen enough 4b11's that rev past 8k and also have oil pressure logging to know.

BTW, I swapped my oil temp sensor from the oil filter housing to the pan the other day. What a difference! I now see over 200F when driving hard. I wonder why the filter housing location is so different?
    Last edited by razorlab; 01-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

41 psi with hose on at idle. Thanks for your log. What is your fuel setup again? It looks like you have no fuel pressure drop at all at much higher boost than me.

BTW, I swapped my oil temp sensor from the oil filter housing to the pan the other day. What a difference! I now see over 200F when driving hard. I wonder why the filter housing location is so different?
    the current fuel set up for me is: factory pump hanger with a DW65c on stock wiring. dual 450s (the 267 ones, not 274) in the surge tank on two EP controllers (references by Aubers 5-bar manifold pressure sensor), -8AN feed line pretty much from the surge tank (the two -6AN pump outputs join into one -8AN). Fuelab regulator set to 48-49PSI unreferenced (about 41-42psi referenced at idle), ID1700s. Factory feed is used as return to surge tank. The return to main tank happens thru a bulkhead at the top of OEM sending unit unrestricted. The venturi is driven thru the T-off from the DW65c feed. This way i dont have any back pressure from the return line. I have a float level sender in the surge tank and this system keeps the surge tank full WAAAYYY passed the second fuel warning (meaning that the venturi is driven flawlessly like that). Venturi is undrilled.

I am surprised that the oil temp has such a drastic difference based on the location. i guess the oil passages are "cooler" than the oil in the sump. i wouldnt expect that.

EDIT: also, based on the idle log that you shared with me, your base fuel pressure is about 49psi (idle at -8 to -8.5psi MAP with 41psi fuel pressure). But based on your pull log, your delta is 53psi (not 49). Not sure if this means anything (like restriction in the return line, for example) but just pointing it out.
    Last edited by mityaz; 01-04-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    '11 GSR
    Current

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I found out that the engine is leaking oil from the back side (turbo side). At first I thought it might have been worse case and leaking from the girdle but with a mirror I saw that it might be from the oil return line fitting. Hoping it's that and not the girdle!

Also, once again I noticed the car no longer burns oil from the turbo when the dip stick is inbetween the dots. If it's higher then it smokes. *scratches head)

Today I also took the spark plugs out and checked them. These have about 1,500 miles on them and multiple WOT pulls at as high as 29-30psi. They look pretty good to me.

The plugs are in order of cyl 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Went for a drive on one of the local roads so decided to try another vantage point with the Rylo 360 camera. I mounted it just under my rear view mirror on the windshield. Not sure if I like this angle as much as from the sunroof.

Also the inner kid in me came out in the tunnel on the way home:

Last edited by razorlab; 01-15-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I giggle at tunnels like a little kid. Looks like you are having a blast getting it squared away.

Canít wait to see track videos with the new camera. Living in the great state of Idaho we donít get to see the tracks too often so I will vicariously live track days through your shots.

Thanks and enjoy! ��

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tunnel blast was a blast!
    There’s so many awesome roads to drive in California, that’s the main thing I liked about the state. Florida on the other hand is mega boring to drive almost anywhere you go unless you go in to the Everglades with a giant mud truck.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tunnel blast was a blast!
    There’s so many awesome roads to drive in California, that’s the main thing I liked about the state. Florida on the other hand is mega boring to drive almost anywhere you go unless you go in to the Everglades with a giant mud truck.
    The second WOT bit was when a newer V70R saw me go WOT the first time and I guess wanted to show swedish might and flew up on my ass. I should flip the video around to show how fast he got smaller in the back window. Was pretty funny.

California roads. Tell me about it. It's one of the big things I am going to miss when I eventually move away...

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Black E

Here you go, lol

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha that was a good one!

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAH glasses move at the end makes it. Also making me itchy for warm weather in the east.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I also took the spark plugs out and checked them. These have about 1,500 miles on them and multiple WOT pulls at as high as 29-30psi. They look pretty good to me.

The plugs are in order of cyl 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Looks like your #2 cylinder runs a bit leaner than the other 3.
    I noticed the same at my car, but instead of #2 , mine was #4.
    I've heard that almost every engine has 1 cylinder been more efficient than the others and thus more lean.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I found while running individual EGT sensors was that #2 was the hottest followed by #4 and then #1 and 3 were pretty even after that. So if you ever get your injectors flowed I would stick the highest flowing one in #2 and the 2nd highest flowing one in #4.
    Last edited by Black E; 01-17-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your car looks like it pulls pretty damn good!
    WTF 2.0 in Progress