Results 1,176 to 1,187 of 1187

Thread: Razorlab's 'simple' build

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Hoboken, huh? My old stomping ground.
    Not sure where we are going to end up yet so I just gave them Hoboken for the quote...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn from sunny 76-78* year round SF to gloomy NYC, sounds a little depressing to me. How are you feeling about it? Iím assuming more money at the new location to make up for it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it more expensive to live in NYC or San Francisco?
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NYC is very expensive. Having a luxury of a garage or a lawn is not even a thing. A 1BR small apartment in a "reasonable" area of Manhattan is easily $3K+. I not even talking about any fancy neighborhoods.
    @Black E what is the best musical that Boca Raton has to offer? hahaha
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    Is it more expensive to live in NYC or San Francisco?
    SF is more expensive than Manhattan now if you can believe it. I don't live in SF but a suburb right outside of it. Much like what Hoboken is in relation to Manhattan. I have no plans to live in Manhattan.

Brooklyn and Northern NJ is cheaper than SF now for sure, at least from what I have been seeing so far in my apartment hunting...

SF is utterly out of control now.

Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    Damn from sunny 76-78* year round SF to gloomy NYC, sounds a little depressing to me. How are you feeling about it? I’m assuming more money at the new location to make up for it?
    When was the last time you have been to SF? Lol. You are describing Southern California, not Northern. It's been 40-55* here for the last three months.
    Last edited by razorlab; 02-13-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. I know first hand the difference in temps between SF and other areas. Just saying, prepare to reaclimate. 45 in SF and 45 in other areas are not the same. Humidity, elevation, surrounding areas all take an effect.

I will trade you your 45 for my 45 everyday of the week. I am in a high desert climate. Dry 45 to the point of your skin cracking. Yours has a better relative humidity and dew point. Wife loves it down there, saves on lotion. Lol.

All in all good for you. A litttle change and adventure is good for you.

Good luck and enjoy the new tracks availability.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    Lol. I know first hand the difference in temps between SF and other areas. Just saying, prepare to reaclimate. 45 in SF and 45 in other areas are not the same. Humidity, elevation, surrounding areas all take an effect.

I will trade you your 45 for my 45 everyday of the week. I am in a high desert climate. Dry 45 to the point of your skin cracking. Yours has a better relative humidity and dew point. Wife loves it down there, saves on lotion. Lol.

All in all good for you. A litttle change and adventure is good for you.

Good luck and enjoy the new tracks availability.
    Absolutely. Was not my intent to say the same temps are the same experience everywhere. I grew up in southern california and 45 there is much drier than 45 here in SF and 45 in NY is going to be different again.

I think it is going to snow and be high 20's for my first day of the new job in NYC so it looks like I'll be sliding right into the new climate.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol musicals? id rather snap my own neck.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    lol musicals? id rather snap my own neck.
    Here here!!
    That’s why I didn’t respond to his comment lol

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started my new job last week. If anyone is curious, I am heading up all of design here: https://frame.io/

Was in Brooklyn (Fort Greene neighborhood) all last week. This week I am in Hoboken, a couple blocks off Washington street, which is the big bar/restaurant street here.

So far Brooklyn wins by about 1,000% but I'm also old so all the Hoboken drunk bros walking around yelling at 3am outside my airbnb was no bueno.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how far you are willing to travel, i would consider Jersey city or even atlantic highlands (and take a ferry in).

Another GREAT neighborhood is Astoria. Very close to the city (minutes) and still relatively residential and affordable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how far you are willing to travel, i would consider Jersey city or even atlantic highlands (and take a ferry in).

Another GREAT neighborhood is Astoria. Very close to the city (minutes) and still relatively residential and affordable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We are looking for a house because garage (for me) and backyard (for the soon to be wife). I might nab an airbnb in Montclair next week to see how horrible or not the commute to Manhattan is.