Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zabes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    So what did they do?
    Replaced stem seals, replace that one valve guide. Cleaned head. Resurfaced head.
    Would have thought to replace all the valve guides for that cylinder to be sure.
    Maybe they did, maybe they didn't? They are shit for communication. Which is why I'm going to use another machine shop from now on.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spoke to Arlington Machine Shop today on the phone. Aaron was awesome to chat with on the phone and made me super comfortable to send him my spare head. I'm going to have him do his Competition valve job, pocket port, knife edge and install GSC oversize valves, GSC bronze guides, GSC springs and all the other good stuff. I think I am going to take this chance to try out the GSC S2 cams as well.

Should be interesting to see what difference the more aggressive cams, oversize valves, valve job and pocket port makes.

For all I know the other machine shop didn't do anything to my current head. I'm 100% done with them.

Bad news, I won't be able to ship my head out for two more weeks and Aaron stated he has about a four week turnaround currently. So... based on my experience the last two years, I might have a working car again in another four months...

bleh...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spoke to Arlington Machine Shop today on the phone. Aaron was awesome to chat with on the phone and made me super comfortable to send him my spare head. I'm going to have him do his Competition valve job, pocket port, knife edge and install GSC oversize valves, GSC bronze guides, GSC springs and all the other good stuff. I think I am going to take this chance to try out the GSC S2 cams as well.

Should be interesting to see what difference the more aggressive cams, oversize valves, valve job and pocket port makes.

For all I know the other machine shop didn't do anything to my current head. I'm 100% done with them.

Bad news, I won't be able to ship my head out for two more weeks and Aaron stated he has about a four week turnaround currently. So... based on my experience the last two years, I might have a working car again in another four months...

bleh...
    I was originally going with gsc s2s as on paper they would match up well with my turbo choice but ended up with a bad set that i had gotten off someone on one of the forums and couldn't source a set at the time. Ended up with a set of tomei cams which are 270/270 and are only a little milder and so far have worked well so the GSCs should be good.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this even right after Zabes purchase of a bad set of cams..........

I have my set of GSC S2 Cams sitting down at WTF, they were supposed to be tested to confirm perfect order. If they are perfect, I would do a steal of a deal on them for you. Would even hold the funds if you wanted to get your own confirmation that they are good to go.

Just a thought to save you some monies, as I am unsure if I will ever get them installed.

My loss may be your gain, just let me know. I sent an email to see if they checked perfect or not, will let you know if you are interested.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    I will say this even right after Zabes purchase of a bad set of cams..........

I have my set of GSC S2 Cams sitting down at WTF, they were supposed to be tested to confirm perfect order. If they are perfect, I would do a steal of a deal on them for you. Would even hold the funds if you wanted to get your own confirmation that they are good to go.

Just a thought to save you some monies, as I am unsure if I will ever get them installed.

My loss may be your gain, just let me know. I sent an email to see if they checked perfect or not, will let you know if you are interested.
    To be fair it was the older cast S2s that I had an issue with, not the billet ones.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey razor,

i dont remember if i asked you this before, can can you point me in the right direction with what HANS device you are using? does it work with stock seatbelts? I currently have Schroth 4-point ASM harnesses. THank you
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Hey razor,

i dont remember if i asked you this before, can can you point me in the right direction with what HANS device you are using? does it work with stock seatbelts? I currently have Schroth 4-point ASM harnesses. THank you
    I am using the necksgen Rev2 Lite: http://www.necksgen.com/product/rev2lite/

No hans devices work with OEM belts except for the ones that use your body as the restraining device. I believe simpson makes one.
    Last edited by razorlab; 11-11-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey razor,

Both the HANS and Schroth need 2 shoulder straps to work effectively. Depending on on the model, the Simpson is 3 point compatible.

There's HANS
    http://hansdevice.com/Home.html

Schroth has a good one as well
    https://www.schrothracing.com/products/shr-flex

and the Simpson Hybrid.
    https://simpsonraceproducts.com/shop...ck-restraints/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ thank you both.
    Just spoke to Schroth. I really like their flex device. very minimalist. I just want to make sure that my holes in the recaros are low enough for the belts to sit properly on there. I am using a 4-point Profi ASM schroth harness
    '11 GSR

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ thank you both.
    Just spoke to Schroth. I really like their flex device. very minimalist. I just want to make sure that my holes in the recaros are low enough for the belts to sit properly on there. I am using a 4-point Profi ASM schroth harness
    Same harness I use and my Necksgen Rev 2 works perfectly with it. I highly recommend the necksgen, you can barely tell it's on. The Schroth flex felt bulky compared.

Necksgen also protects side to side which is great if you don't use a halo seat.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No updates on the Evo. I was out of town for business and then went on vacation in Tahoe for the rest of last week.

Today I had some free time and I finished up the tune on my VW Golf Alltrack, if anyone is curious:

2018 VW Golf Alltrack SEL
    1.8T
    Stock IS12 turbo (dinky!)
    19psi to 12psi
    Eurodyne Maestro custom tune
    Eurodyne Stage1 DSG Tune
    E35 fuel
    Everything else 100% stock.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the gains seeing that the turbo is so small.
    +50whp/+74wtq

Log:
    https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/alltra...8&zoom=225-455

Vdyno:
    Last edited by razorlab; 10-22-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shipped my spare cylinder head out to Arlington Machine Shop today. I might have overdid it on the packaging... lol

If I still have issues after this. I'm getting rid of this pile of shit.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ship blocks the same way lol

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the new version of Knock Monitor from Tuner Nerd so I can install it while the head is off again...

Looking forward to wiring the 0-5v out into my RaceCapture system. Hoping I can really figure out the noise issue I had before with this instead of just guessing.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exited to hear how good it works

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome! I would love to log my knock monitor.

Razor, on a side note, what diameter piping do you have coming out of your greddy 33f intercooler?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome! I would love to log my knock monitor.

Razor, on a side note, what diameter piping do you have coming out of your greddy 33f intercooler?
    OEM size out.
    2.5" Mishimoto UICP in.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the pipe ends that are welded to the intercooler. Im trying to buy a used one from a local guy

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the pipe ends that are welded to the intercooler. Im trying to buy a used one from a local guy
    Google tells me 2.75"

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the Greddy 33F has 2.75” inlet and outlet

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. The guy sent me a pic with a tape measure that looks like it shows 3".

Razor, do you think its worth switching to this IC (from my current 5"ets) for reduced performance but reduced weight also?

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. The guy sent me a pic with a tape measure that looks like it shows 3".

Razor, do you think its worth switching to this IC (from my current 5"ets) for reduced performance but reduced weight also?
    Dunno. I know very little about the ETS 5" FMIC.

I do know the data I found from comparing the Greddy to the AGP I had. I saw a reduction in both MAT and Oil temp on the same track.

Lighter lines are Greddy, Darker are AGP

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ thanks. Picked up a used Greddy for $300 locally. Weighs in at 21.5lbs (with all brackets). My 5'' ETS is 30.7lbs with bracketry.
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, head made it to the new machine shop. They let me know when it arrived. Then radio silence for two weeks.

I swear to god this industry is baffling to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
    what are the Chrysler part numbers for the gears?
    Cam phaser - Intake
    Chrysler part # 5047021AA
    Mitsubishi part #1147A010

Cam phaser - Exhaust
    Chrysler part # 5047022AA
    Mitsubishi part #1147A015

The Mitsubishi exhaust cam phaser from Mitsuparts.net is $343
    The Chrysler exhaust cam phaser from tasca is $103
    Hello! Help me please! I have a Lancer X Ralliart! Couplings on camshafts require replacement. The parts numbers I need are 1147A015 and 1147A010. Spare parts from Chrysler are identical? Correspond to the factory settings? For example, on the engine 4V11T and 4B11 Camshaft couplings are different 1147A014. Perhaps the original parts will be better? Thank you very much!
    Sorry for my bad english!