User Tag List

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Razorlab's 'simple' build

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell us about oil temps? Were you able to install fog deletes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    Current
    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. Self tuned

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Track day number four with the new build was yesterday. I'm starting to be much more comfortable with the car and it's showing. I broke my personal best by almost 2 seconds and now approx 1.3 secs away from my goal. Super happy with the car, it's f'in fast as hell, I'm going Hans device shopping this weekend because of it.

I'll do a more detailed write up with data and such in a couple days once I get some time. For now, here is a video of my new personal best 2:01 lap time.

look at the schroth flex. Was pretty comfortable when I was shopping neck restraints

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Tell us about oil temps? Were you able to install fog deletes?
    I was able to install the fog deletes. I got all excited when I did because the difference visually of how much more of the oil cooler is in direct air now is HUGE.

However, I just overlayed data from yesterday and a session last month with comparable outside ambient temps and the oil temp is *almost exactly the same*. Follows basically the exact same plot...

So.. much disappoint. I think maybe I need to make a custom duct to force more air into the cooler now. The OEM duct doesn't seem to channel as well as it could for this cooler.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, indeed a disappoint. 264*F is up there. What were the ambient temps?
    A custom cooler guide may make a bit of a difference, but i dont think it will make much.

This is what i'm thinking: I think the whole oil cooler plumbing system has a design flaw. the reason being is that when the thermostat opens it doesn't "redirect" oil flow thru the cooler exclusively. When the t-stat opens it simply opens a "parallel" loop for the oil to flow thru. Depending on the restriction that the oil cooler presents itself as, the oil flow thru the cooler may be very minimal. So the issue here may lie in the fact that there is simply not enough flow thru the oil cooler. I wonder if you placed a temp sensor at the cooler outlet, i bet you you would see a significant temp drop there. But not having enough of the "cool" oil going back into the engine is not reducing the overall temps. (I'm pretty sure that's how the t-stat is set up here; i may be wrong).

This makes me question my whole fan install...
    '11 GSR
    Current
    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. Self tuned

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen track guys installing a secondary oil cooler in front of power steering line loop, behind upper grill, much like SSP cooler, but keeping the stock location cooler.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd consider changes if oil temps start going over 280. until then a good quality, appropriate weight engine oil is enough to handle those temps.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    i'd consider changes if oil temps start going over 280. until then a good quality, appropriate weight engine oil is enough to handle those temps.
    Yea that is what I have been collecting from asking a bunch of higher horsepower track car owners. I think I am good for now.

So... guess what happened again? Damn car fritzed out again and lost power. Car was solid all day long and in the 2nd lap of my fourth session, every time I shifted to 4th under WOT the car would fritz out and loose all power, just like before. However this time it was repeatable and not just a one time thing. It was more dangerous this time as well because I almost had a C63 run into the back of me going down the straight since I was hauling ass one second and then the next, nothing.

ONLY happened in 4th gear and after doing that four times while trying WOT in 4th it all cleared up on it's own and I was able to go 100% the rest of the session. So odd that it just clears up on it's own. Now that I know it only does it in 4th, I'm going to start looking at any gear/speed related tables in the ECU.

Here is one of the instances caught on log: https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/thunde...zoom=7510-7949

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intake coupler collapse?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    Intake coupler collapse?
    Wouldn't that happen more frequently though? Like I said, after these couple instances I was able to continue the session with WOT in all gears with no issues.

Also, all the data I have seen from coupler collapse is boost dropping hard from the turbo being choked but never the zig zag of everything else like TPS, etc.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it ever happened on the street?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it ever happened on the street?
    Only once, and also in 4th gear. This was the first time it was repeatable past a one time event.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the car run more boost in 4th?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the car run more boost in 4th?
    Nope.

Notice that TPS (Throttle Body) is one of the items that goes all fritzy. Here is part of the log showing everything okay in 3rd and then in 4th, my foot is commanding full throttle (APP) but TPS is going all nuts. I then back out, then I try it again, and the TPS does the same thing:

https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/thunde...zoom=7510-7949

Here is another part of the log, later in the same session, in the same straight, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear with no issues:

https://datazap.me/u/razorlab/thunde...om=20230-20813

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I experienced something similar after applying the spark cut patch. Essentially when launching the car from a standstill in 3rd or 4th gear the ecu would go into launch, cut boost and hold rpms.

Might not be a bad place to start if you have that patch applied.
    700whp 9180EFR 2.0L
    Self built, WTF Tuned

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea it does sound like a rogue safety patch in the rom cutting TPS. id start chasing all those safety nets in the tune which can cut TPS.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapairmanrage View Post
    I experienced something similar after applying the spark cut patch. Essentially when launching the car from a standstill in 3rd or 4th gear the ecu would go into launch, cut boost and hold rpms.

Might not be a bad place to start if you have that patch applied.
    No spark cut patch applied but good suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    yea it does sound like a rogue safety patch in the rom cutting TPS. id start chasing all those safety nets in the tune which can cut TPS.
    Yea I am going to look through. However, most TPS "cut" features just drop the TPS down to flat %. The zig zagging stuff is what is perplexing me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Yea I am going to look through. However, most TPS "cut" features just drop the TPS down to flat %. The zig zagging stuff is what is perplexing me.
    that is true. it could be mechanical, check throttle wiring and grounds, perhaps even voltage related.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invested in some safety equipment today as I figured the car is really really fast now so I should probably protect myself more.

NecksGen Rev2 Lite (Hans Device)
    Schroth Profi II harness
    Sparco shoes
    Sparco gloves

Also started playing around with RaceRender to do video overlays with data. This one is just with Harry's Laptimer data as the RaceCapture data is more involved and will take me more time. Already makes the videos better though!

This footage is actually my best lap so far, the other 2:01 was slightly slower...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice. i think you need to invert your lateral axis for g force.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude! That is awesome!!!

How does it get the throttle readout?
    '11 GSR
    Current

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Dude! That is awesome!!!

How does it get the throttle readout?
    I'm assuming it guesses it off the fore/aft g's.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally figured out how to get my RaceCapture Pro 2 logs into RaceRender and make a nice custom overlay. Pretty happy about this, exactly what I wanted. Here are three laps from my last track day with data overlay.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I think it's worth making RCP channel with fuel pressure subtracting boost value.
    2.3L Fully Built MR, 640whp on E100 EFR7670 T4 EWG. Struggling with local shops and customs.