Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: Razorlab's 'simple' build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    What do injectors have to do with oil in a cylinder?
    My assumption was that it was running richer than the rest, and not an oil consumption issue. Wouldn't oil also cause detonation/knock issues as well?

At first glance it appears to be carbon fouling, but the picture isn't clear enough to tell. Oil fouling should be shinier, last I recall.
    Last edited by turismolover22; 06-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... swapping the injectors didn't change anything. Still #3 dirty plug and oil in #3 cylinder.

My mechanic really wants to get this figured out so he is going to start the tear-down (again) end of this week. I'm assuming the engine is going to have to come out and get torn-down (again). One thing is for sure, I am not using the original machine shop. Probably will contact Arlington, who did my CNC head and see if he wants to make sure my block is 100%.

This whole thing the last two years has really taken me on a roller coaster. Between this, our cross-coast move, finding a place to live, starting a new job and prepping for our wedding, I am feeling super overwhelmed so I am going to log out of the forums for awhile, take some focus off this car, let the shops do their things and attend fully to the rest of my life activities.

See you all in the future at some point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... swapping the injectors didn't change anything. Still #3 dirty plug and oil in #3 cylinder.

My mechanic really wants to get this figured out so he is going to start the tear-down (again) end of this week. I'm assuming the engine is going to have to come out and get torn-down (again). One thing is for sure, I am not using the original machine shop. Probably will contact Arlington, who did my CNC head and see if he wants to make sure my block is 100%.

This whole thing the last two years has really taken me on a roller coaster. Between this, our cross-coast move, finding a place to live, starting a new job and prepping for our wedding, I am feeling super overwhelmed so I am going to log out of the forums for awhile, take some focus off this car, let the shops do their things and attend fully to the rest of my life activities.

Go enjoy life and take care man!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck razor. All the best to you.

We will all be on the look out for the wedding invites

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @razorlab let's meet up sometime man
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really is a shame to see that it is oil again. I was hoping it was the easy fix..

You take care of yourself. I hope the move and the settling in goes much smoother than the car seems to be

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update.

Leakdown was conducted with the cams out. Did leak down with the piston at TDC, fully at the bottom of the stroke and in the middle. Zero leak down on all three.

Stumped....

64706934_461448428005580_2435639648203046912_n.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update.

Leakdown was conducted with the cams out. Did leak down with the piston at TDC, fully at the bottom of the stroke and in the middle. Zero leak down on all three.

Stumped....

64706934_461448428005580_2435639648203046912_n.jpg
    At that point the only thing I could surmise would be an issue with the oil control rings or bore itself , having a spot that is slightly out of round or worn. Other than that, there should be no way oil is getting in there unless the head is lifting/high spot on the deck. Even then would be about impossible to get oil over there before coolant.

I would be upset too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a a cylinder go out of round, and it burned oil, only sign was smoke on dyno and qt of oil everyone 1k miles, leak down showed 25% leaky

ERL sleeves
    Last edited by yeayeaatou; 07-03-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much soul searching, some bottles of wine and ten other things going wrong with this fucking car, I've decided to move on. I'll be putting this up for sale once I get it back and to the opposite coast where I live now. It's been a fun 20+ years in mitsubishi land but it's time to move on.

I've decided to try out something much more simple and I am picking up a BRZ next week.
    Last edited by razorlab; 09-25-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, what do you think you are going to sale it for?

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    Lol, what do you think you are going to sale it for?
    Still figuring that out, but something not outrageous so it actually sells in a timely manner. I'm going to lose my shirt on this one but at this point I honestly don't even care.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am close to west coast and mine will never drive again. Maybe we work something out to where you don’t have to ship it to the east coast. When you figure an amount out, pm me please.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    I am close to west coast and mine will never drive again. Maybe we work something out to where you don’t have to ship it to the east coast. When you figure an amount out, pm me please.
    Will do!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't blame you @razorlab. I'm shipping my car to cali from the east coast to get rebuilt. If this thing becomes a PITA then its going back to stock and being used as a taxi lol.