User Tag List

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,051 to 1,066 of 1066

Thread: Razorlab's 'simple' build

  1. #1051
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Razor, whats the contact info for the place that did you inconel shield? I want to wrap my manifold. Thanks
    @mityaz Sorry just saw this. http://www.atpwrap.com Don't let the website scare you off. Out of all the stuff around my car rebuild, this was EASILY the best experience I had. Super fast, great quality, great communication. I thought since they do military and other large contracts, that I wouldn't mean shit to them. I was wrong.

  2. #1052
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much just letting my Evo sit because I don't want to have to deal with whatever is wrong with it right now.

    My Fiesta ST lease is up next week so I picked up something to replace it.

    It's some Turbo AWD station wagon thingie...



  3. #1053
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope this ownership lasts longer/happier than your Golf R's :P

  4. #1054
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your not the only one to let the evo sit, while your mad at it

  5. #1055
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    hope this ownership lasts longer/happier than your Golf R's :P
    Me too. It was just one R. Golf TDI then Golf R. Both didn't last a year.

  6. #1056
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    hope this ownership lasts longer/happier than your Golf R's :P
    Me too. It was just one R. Golf TDI then Golf R. Both didn't last a year.
    IIRC, you just found them too dull, didn't you? I have yet to even drive a GTI because I feel like I can already guess how it's going to feel to drive (though the MK7/7.5 review so well these days)

    Wonder if you'll get bored of the Alltrack, though I guess the more-than-enough space on it could make up for it. Hopefully.

    Definitely post more about it I've always appreciated VW's...but I could never find one enticing enough to consider buying

  7. #1057
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    hope this ownership lasts longer/happier than your Golf R's :P
    Me too. It was just one R. Golf TDI then Golf R. Both didn't last a year.
    IIRC, you just found them too dull, didn't you? I have yet to even drive a GTI because I feel like I can already guess how it's going to feel to drive (though the MK7/7.5 review so well these days)

    Wonder if you'll get bored of the Alltrack, though I guess the more-than-enough space on it could make up for it. Hopefully.

    Definitely post more about it I've always appreciated VW's...but I could never find one enticing enough to consider buying
    The TDI was seriously the most boring car I have ever owned. The Golf R was a great car but not up to the performance level of an Evo and I wanted an Evo replacement at the time, which I found, in another Evo.

    The MK7 chassis is way better than the MK6. If you can believe it, the Alltrack shares a good amount of parts with the MK7 R (The normal sportwagen shares things more with the normal golf). Has all aluminum knuckles, etc. It actually has better weight distribution than the R as well. It's a billion times more engaging than my MK6 TDI was, that is for sure.

    Steering still feels artificial. Something that plagues all VAG cars. I'll miss the Fiesta ST steering and nimbleness for sure but I wanted AWD and more space in my normal car.

  8. #1058
    Senior Member EVOL ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double double

  9. #1059
    Senior Member EVOL ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeayeaatou View Post
    your not the only one to let the evo sit, while your mad at it
    Truth x3

  10. #1060
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pushed my Evo out of the garage today so I could get to a bunch of oil jugs and other nonsense that I took to the hazardous waste facility today.

    I also sat in the front seat and made vroom vroom noises.

    Honestly I think I might be over it now. Anybody want to buy a really nicely built Evo 10?

  11. #1061
    Senior Member pistolpete69916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,586
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy an R8 V10

  12. #1062
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Shenzhen
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out that the only stock fast cars you can buy and not look like a spoiled brat are Porsche...
    2.3L Fully Built MR, 640whp on E100 EFR7670 T4 EWG. Struggling with local shops and customs.

  13. #1063
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    at least...how's the alltrack?

  14. #1064
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    I pushed my Evo out of the garage today so I could get to a bunch of oil jugs and other nonsense that I took to the hazardous waste facility today.

    I also sat in the front seat and made vroom vroom noises.

    Honestly I think I might be over it now. Anybody want to buy a really nicely built Evo 10?
    Sure, how much you looking for @razorlab ? I'll trade you mine....

  15. #1065
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @razorlab

    I was just prodding out of curiosity before, but now I'm more curious...how is the alltrack? The A4 Allroad has been catching my eye lately as a possible next car for the fiance (not wanting to buy a god damn SUV like every other american is a huge motivator) and they're obviously pretty similar.

    I want to consider the new Volvo's (the new V60 looks sexy), but I'm still sketched out by their powertrain reliability.

  16. #1066
    Senior Member Monster4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently sold my A4 which I owned for 7 years. I really enjoyed the car but I must warn that it became a complete money pit after the warranty expired. My visits to the dealership every other month were costing $1500-$3000.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •