User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My supra :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome. My girlfriend loves cars and her and I agree on 99% of cars but she just doesn't see a point in spending thousand upon thousands on a car that already works fine. Maybe some day she will understand.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supra is looking good!!
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 802VTRider View Post
    That's awesome. My girlfriend loves cars and her and I agree on 99% of cars but she just doesn't see a point in spending thousand upon thousands on a car that already works fine. Maybe some day she will understand.
    You just got sane girlfriend.
    2.3L Fully Built MR, 640whp on E100 EFR7670 T4 EWG. Struggling with local shops and customs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Whenever she starts giving me crap about putting money in the car I stop and put it toward the dirt bike for a little bit. There is a company that makes a direct bolt on turbo kit for my dirt bike. Puts out like 9 pounds of boost. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Whenever she starts giving me crap about putting money in the car I stop and put it toward the dirt bike for a little bit. There is a company that makes a direct bolt on turbo kit for my dirt bike. Puts out like 9 pounds of boost. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
    Do it and post a build log!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    Do it and post a build log!
    I second the do it. I would kill myself on something like that for sure so I can live vicariously through other people's builds haha
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    1993 Toyota Supra- PTE 7275, ATF a340e with IP 4K stall, IP built 3.0L and ported head by FFRE, E85, and that Alpha tune
    8.81 at 157 first time out with boost only
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I end up doing it I will definitely do a build and post videos of before and after. Luckily for me, here in Vermont we can get our dirt bike road legal very easily, which mine already is, so a turbo kit could really open it up on the twisty roads. The kit requires no rebuild of the engine at all. Also I have titanium valves so they should hold up. Just bolt on and hook stuff up and you are good to go. It's about 2 grand for the turbo kit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I end up doing it I will definitely do a build and post videos of before and after. Luckily for me, here in Vermont we can get our dirt bike road legal very easily, which mine already is, so a turbo kit could really open it up on the twisty roads. The kit requires no rebuild of the engine at all. Also I have titanium valves so they should hold up. Just bolt on and hook stuff up and you are good to go. It's about 2 grand for the turbo kit.
    Link?
    2014 PB MR Touring
    Life is too short to drive boring ass cars - Razorlab
    Because freedumb - Yxd68

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPFab turbo kit info - "We do have kits in stock. The kit will add around 75% hp and tq( roughly 45whp and 25wtq) and designed to work with a completely stock engine. Price shipped to lower 48 is $1800.00(additional fees apply for international shipping) with a $200.00 option available that includes a ported turbine housing and a higher flowing exhaust outlet that not only produces a little more power but increases response of the turbo. They are designed to run 6-8psi and work with stock or aftermarket exhaust. 93 octane is the minimum you can run at this boost level. 91 octane is acceptable if boost is kept around 5psi. Typical installation time is 3-5hrs depending on skill level. Electronics are included as well as a base tune. From what I've seen, there is a definant varience from one bike to another in regards to base fueling so the tune provided is only there to get the bike running. It is your responsibility to get the bike on a dyno to either verify that the air/fuel ratio is correct for the fuel map provided or to tune the bike to attain the correct air fuel ratio. It should be no leaner than 12.5:1 anywhere from 60% - 100%throttle position and 3000rpm- 11500rpm. If you chose to ignore this step you are definitely gambling with damage to the engine. I have had the turbo kit on my bike for over 2yrs, and I have customers who have had the kit for over a year now without issue.
    If you have any other questions please feel free to email or call.
    Thanks,
    Walker Morgan
    www.sales@mpfab.com
    (205)-985-1953"

Link to a build thread with pics and videos of it in action -

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...ust-Showed-Up-!!!!!

Pretty much the same bike as mine but with supermoto wheels and tires instead of the nobbies I run.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This and R34 will be an awesome collections.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got around to taking it to the track tonight. Still having issues with the converter being too tight and can't really build any boost or get the car off the line. That being said we were pretty happy with our mph even though the ETs were unimpressive. The last pass on 33psi gave us an 11.5 @ 135.35.
    Then it earned us this:
    image.jpg

Apparently the high boost and stock trans didn't agree. Lost all gears about a mile out from the track on the way home. I'm pretty sure me saying "at least it's getting us home" is what did it in...
    We had an idea we were in trouble when it hit the rev limiter right before the trap. Oops.
    Time for a built trans, a few other adjustments and then hopefully our goal of 9s. We are a ways off before it leaves the garage again though
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    1993 Toyota Supra- PTE 7275, ATF a340e with IP 4K stall, IP built 3.0L and ported head by FFRE, E85, and that Alpha tune
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image.jpg
    Forgot to include actual time slip
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 60' though! All jokes aside, once you guys can figure out your boost issue and actually launch that thing, you'll be knocking on the door of a 9 second pass. Good luck!
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    That 60' though! All jokes aside, once you guys can figure out your boost issue and actually launch that thing, you'll be knocking on the door of a 9 second pass. Good luck!
    I wasn't kidding when I said it won't leave the line! The videos are horrific haha
    Not to mention that was the best 60ft of the night. Eek... And of course the trans was starting to slip this pass as well
    Last edited by Melt14x; 06-02-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transmission was finally finished a week or so ago. Now just waiting until the middle of December to get the car going again. We are trailering it down to Florida to get finished and retuned by a shop down there since that seems to be where all the heavy hitter Supra shops are located on the eastern coast.
    Aside from the built trans we are having our converter restalled to 4000 so we can hopefully get some better 60' times. Prep work begins now.....
    Upgrading the fuel system (again...), new exhaust manifold, downpipe, midpipe, wastegate, bov, and intake going on. Also replacing the crank pulley and putting a billet timing tensioner on. Hopefully everything is in order except the need for a new intercooler kit down the road.

Once we hit Florida in December they have 5 days to finish the car so that we hopefully won't have to leave it and return for it later. Fingers crossed for a smooth experience and I can't wait to have it running so it can sit in the garage all winter
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg

I have no words for the quality of the parts used to initially convert the car to a single turbo setup
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharp angles are best for flow, don't you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt14x View Post
    IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg

I have no words for the quality of the parts used to initially convert the car to a single turbo setup
    Wow... that... wow...

Go over that car and yank off anything else like that immediately. Then talk to the guys over at SupraStore.com to get hooked up.

I am in love with the dual 7163 turbo kit they sell.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt14x View Post
    IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4990.jpg
    IMG_4991.jpg

Wow... that... wow...

Go over that car and yank off anything else like that immediately. Then talk to the guys over at SupraStore.com to get hooked up.

I am in love with the dual 7163 turbo kit they sell.
    We just got a 6466 for it last Christmas and the exhaust and intercooler are the only things left from the original setup so hopefully we are in the clear now... it's been a slow process and of course not without hiccups along the way with the shop issues we were having at the beginning of the year
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems legit... lol
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Melt14x how would you describe your experience with the supra vs the evo so far?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    @Melt14x how would you describe your experience with the supra vs the evo so far?
    Extremely expensive but then again I never wanted to go this route with the evo. Also it's extremely capable where I felt like a lot of the evos limitations were based in the local support I had. Supras have been around for so long I guess that's understandable but I'm much more comfortable throwing money at it where I felt like I questioned every dollar I put into the evo. Even with shitty parts the car made decent power and felt great.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of shitty parts...
    IMG_5227.jpg
    IMG_5229.jpg
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x