User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My supra :)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My supra :)

Alright so I mentioned awhile back that I (we- husband too) made the dumb decision to finally purchase one of my (our) dream cars. Back in september of last year we got a 1993 Toyota supra. It's an original TT auto targa top car in anthracite (my favorite color) with around 135k on it. We are the 6th owner of the car but luckily it has been taken very good care of throughout the years.
    When we purchased the car it had an HKS intercooler, HKS 264/264 cams, HKS titanium exhaust, and a (cheap) drift motion 60-1 turbo kit, and an outdated MAP v1 ECU. (And of course looking pretty dropped *way too low* on some coilovers with CCW wheels). We were told the car put down around in the mid 400s on about 18psi. Since we purchased it- we were unhappy with the AFRs although I think something with the gauge was honestly wired wrong. It's since got an upgraded fuel system with dual pumps and larger injectors, a pro efi engine management and a retune. We got the same numbers out of it but I was much happier with some realistic AFRs and a much smoother cruise/idle etc. For Christmas I purchased even larger injectors, a 3800 stall converter, and a precision 6466 so the car is ready to go back and get yet another retune, this time on e85.
    My first time taking the car out I scared myself shitless due to some extremely hard rear tires, and now I have a healthy respect for it to say the least. I was a little surprised going from awd to rwd with a turbo as I've never quite had the same experience in any past rwd cars I've owned, even with the modest amount of power it's putting down. It tends to get stupid real quick, although the MT ET streets we just recently put on it did make a big difference. Can't wait to update with its new numbers in a few months and see what progress we make with this car.
    Not sure how far it will come but I do know one thing... It sure is purdy
    image.jpg
    So what other stuff do you guys have that's stealing attention from the evo?
    Last edited by Melt14x; 02-07-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    1993 Toyota Supra- PTE 7275, ATF a340e with IP 4K stall, IP built 3.0L and ported head by FFRE, E85, and that Alpha tune
    8.81 at 157 first time out with boost only
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pure gorgeous

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! It definitely needs a lot but it was a good car to start with condition wise.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    1993 Toyota Supra- PTE 7275, ATF a340e with IP 4K stall, IP built 3.0L and ported head by FFRE, E85, and that Alpha tune
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love me some supras. Congrats on the car. Hell of a head start. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a very clean supra

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pictures since I'm slightly less intoxicated from the original post
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning.

Having owned two supra before (mk3) and a wack of other Toyota's the mk4 is really the pinnacle of the Toyota's. Mk4 has been on my list of cars to own for awhile.

I had a driftmotion 60-1 on my 7m way back in the day and it was ok turbo. Its cheap and it works. Also help a buddy put a driftmotion 35R modified kit on his 1jz supra,defiantly wasn't perfect either but once again it didn't cost much lol.

Love the targa top as well, as long as they don't leak
    Last edited by doom26464; 02-08-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
    Stunning.

Having owned two supra before (mk3) and a wack of other Toyota's the mk4 is really the pinnacle of the Toyota's. Mk4 has been on my list of cars to own for awhile.

I had a driftmotion 60-1 on my 7m way back in the day and it was ok turbo. Its cheap and it works. Also help a buddy put a driftmotion 35R modified kit on his 1jz supra,defiantly wasn't perfect either but once again it didn't cost much lol.

For the price the turbo is fine and has held up well for a few years now. It's just maxed out as it sits now and we want some better numbers out of the car.
    And I'm sure the targa leaks but it shouldn't be too much of an issue as it is garages and doesn't see any inclement weather. I honestly would have preferred a hard top. The amount of flex in the body when the targa is off is crazy.

And now that I have the mk4 I'd love to add a mk3 into the collection someday as well!
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt14x View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
    Stunning.

For the price the turbo is fine and has held up well for a few years now. It's just maxed out as it sits now and we want some better numbers out of the car.
    And I'm sure the targa leaks but it shouldn't be too much of an issue as it is garages and doesn't see any inclement weather. I honestly would have preferred a hard top. The amount of flex in the body when the targa is off is crazy.

And now that I have the mk4 I'd love to add a mk3 into the collection someday as well!
    Yup like driving a soggy Spaghetti noodle with the top off lol. But I wouldn't have a supra without it, I had both a hard top and a targa model and loved my Targa model way more. Can't beat it on those nice sunny days.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My supra :)

Agree. I had a 93.5 Red TT and loved the targa top. Living in California at the time I almost never drove with it on.

However... after celebrating my 21st birthday in proper style my friend drove me home and I merely set the targa on top without latching it down. The next day went for a quick food run and that thing went flying. I finally found a used one at pick a part for about $700 but it took a few months to locate one.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats on the Supra! that one looks like it's in great shape!

we have a few in town that make me supra jealous... haha
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That body just never seems to be outdated
    2012 OB GSR - DD/Weekend Warrior Track Build in Progress

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful car! If I ever get rid of the Evo, I'll be looking at getting an MKIV. I love that color as well.
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just going to update this periodically as the car progresses...

New setup is on, car drives much nicer with the high impedance injectors vs the old ones. In the process of being tuned for flex fuel- however only made 550 on 25psi which is much lower than what our goal was set at for the car (granted we have some limiting factors that we expect to be a problem once it reaches around 650). A leak down test was done to check things out and all was fine but we are experiencing valve float and the logs start to look crappy above 6k rpm.
    Going to replace the springs and retainers and then see if we can get closer to our goal of 650. I'll be happy with that for the year and then start to get more involved in it next year if it treats is well as is. Fingers crossed for no catastrophes when going for more power
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointment reigns again. Car won't hold boost after 25psi. Everything seems good except for not being able to run as much boost as we'd like so it's a nice safe tune just need to start digging deeper into which of the shitty knockoff parts that came on the car are holding it back now.
    On my way to pick it up now at a modest 560ish whp. From comparisons to similar setups it should still be decently quick which should be fine for us to at least get used to it before trying to push it further. It also may give the stock trans a better chance of holding up a little longer for us.
    Either way, can't wait for it to be home. Hopefully the next update will be with some 1/4 times or at least some good pictures.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Just a few pictures. Just had paint correction and ceramic coating done on the car as well as paintless dent removal on most of the little dings it's acquired over the last 23 years. Also just got brand new euro glass headlights (in the sideways picture because I fail at the internet again) so it looks much cleaner now.

Of course we are having issues with the converter in the car as its too tight and possibly the incorrect stall so it needs to be broken back down and restalled. Nothing can ever be easy. And I thought the evo was a headache.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Melt14x; 05-11-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did that correction cost and the coating cost? It looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    How much did that correction cost and the coating cost? It looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did a five year warranty with it instead of lifetime since the 5 year plan is to repaint the car and they did it for 700. It was discounted a little cause we were the first supra to come to their shop and they wanted to coat one to use it for advertising purposes.
    We also only did the painted surfaces, wheels, brake calipers, and glass headlights as I didn't need it for other Windows since the car shouldn't be exposed to inclement weather. To remove the dents was extra obviously cause it was a different person who did that.

Washed it for the first time this weekend and the water and soap literally just pour off it. It was so easy to clean- I love it and am really happy with the results.
    I want to get the evo done next once I have some spare cash.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    god I hate seeing this... makes me soo jealous. I HAVE to own a supra before I die.. if I don't, everyone can talk how useless I was at life.

seriously.. fuck wealth, health and everything else... I just want a damn supra...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
    god I hate seeing this... makes me soo jealous. I HAVE to own a supra before I die.. if I don't, everyone can talk how useless I was at life.

seriously.. fuck wealth, health and everything else... I just want a damn supra...
    Haha this is exactly how me and my husband felt cause honestly for the sake of being adults we shouldn't have got the car or spent any of the money on it that we have so far but it was a dream that we HAD to accomplish.
    I don't regret it even though it is becoming a bit of a money pit.

Annndddddd...... I'm jealous of basically everyone's evo on here cause mine is crappy so it makes us even right?
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post

Haha this is exactly how me and my husband felt cause honestly for the sake of being adults we shouldn't have got the car or spent any of the money on it that we have so far but it was a dream that we HAD to accomplish.
    I don't regret it even though it is becoming a bit of a money pit.

Annndddddd...... I'm jealous of basically everyone's evo on here cause mine is crappy so it makes us even right?
    no it doesn't make us even! even would be you giving me your supra, and me giving you my evo... then we would be even lol.

Just started looking at prices for a supra... jesus Christ!! if I ever do get one, it will be the model with the 1JZ in it hahahaha.

at the end of the day though, that thing is just beautiful. I could only imagine the neglect my wife would get if I had that thing sitting in my garage.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah unfortunately they aren't cheap. And recently I've been seeing even higher prices

Just glad we bought when we did and found a halfway decent car.
    My husband can neglect me if its for the supra. I totally understand in that situation
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah unfortunately they aren't cheap. And recently I've been seeing even higher prices

Just glad we bought when we did and found a halfway decent car.
    My husband can neglect me if its for the supra. I totally understand in that situation
    you got any sisters? hahaha. mine wont even let me change the oil without bitching about how much time I spend with that car rofl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you and your husband both are into this stuff, that is awesome. My girlfriend complains at every dollar that goes toward the Evo. She will barely even go for a ride in it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 802VTRider View Post
    So you and your husband both are into this stuff, that is awesome. My girlfriend complains at every dollar that goes toward the Evo. She will barely even go for a ride in it.
    Yup it's how we met. Definitely makes it enjoyable being in it together. We alternate blowing too much money on the cars and trying to be the voice of reason.
    Although he's not a fan of the evo. He routinely tries to get me to trade it in on anything else.
    2014 GSR--- SOLD
    New PB 8.68 at 156

Instagram @MelT14x