User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 301 to 322 of 322

Thread: Exyia 2.0 - Special Edition done right!

  1. #301
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Is this a built motor? That seems really low. What kind of pressure are you seeing at cruise and WOT?
    Yeah, built motor (I'd have to dig around files at home to recall specifics - was so long ago since dealing with SST issues). Can't recall off the top of my head on cruise, but half the reason I put the other gopro on the window this event was to see the gauge - in the WOT areas of the course, seems to be around 80-85psi.

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    331
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've seen single digits before. just keep in mind the sensors read their most inaccurate at the mins and maxes. the placement of the sensor effects the observed pressure as well.

  3. #303
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see. David wants to pull the filter and check it first, then go from there.

    Also, reminder to everyone to check their cabin air filter! I'm only at ~35k miles!



  4. #304
    Global Mod of Stuffs Locust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gonna bring this puppy out to nationals this year? Would love to meet ya out there

    2012 EvoX MR - 11.289 @ 123.24mph
    2015 Scion FR-S - D-Street in SCCA Solo II
    Info/Pics: Instagram / Build Thread
    Sponsors: DSGPerformance
    Founder: Evil Apex Racing

  5. #305
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locust View Post
    You gonna bring this puppy out to nationals this year? Would love to meet ya out there
    Eh, probably not. I need to spend more time enjoying the car again before I start competing with it again (competing really can take all the fun out of it). And hell the rulebook seems so different from back in 2012-2013

  6. #306
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the oil filter checked out clean. I'll just keep checking how oil pressure does over more events. It's fine at WOT, so... \_(ツ)_/

    Gave the car a much needed clean and decided to try a cheapo Ikon Motorsports front lip off ebay. It seems like knock off lips have all consolidated under just a few "brands" on ebay compared to the early days where you'd have pages and pages of knockoffs to choose from. Ikon made some decent looking 10th gen Civic parts that I see on the civic forum, and ebay ran a 15% off coupon code for May 4th - so I figured, why not while I wait on the Varis lip.

    I read a few posts on facebook that the voltex style knockoffs were fine...and honestly, I'm really impressed. This thing was extremely tight fitting (in a good way). I almost gave up trying to put it on myself, as getting the ends to snap around the bumper was hard with how rigid the lip was. It felt way more substantial than ~$100.




    I honestly like it better than the old Greddy lip that it replaced. Feels more dense and it doesn't attach to the bumper in a way that chips it when pushed up from scraping.



    Honestly I despise the Greddy lip for the damage it caused to the bumper. It will have to go back to the body shop some day...probably when the Varis lip comes in...though if this $100 one grows on me, I might just keep it.

  7. #307
    Senior Member EVOL ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review. I need a new lip as oem is cracked. OEM has the same damage points as your pics of the Greddy.

    Might just pick one of these up. Does it cover the area that the OEM aero is missing the price for in the center?

  8. #308
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    Thanks for the review. I need a new lip as oem is cracked. OEM has the same damage points as your pics of the Greddy.

    Might just pick one of these up. Does it cover the area that the OEM aero is missing the price for in the center?
    if you mean this part



    then yes, because mine is awfully beat up under there too.

  9. #309
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no updates as I've skipped the past 4 autox events...it's just too god damn hot to stand outside and work heats. I'm not that desperate to drive the car and there's plenty of house remodeling work to do.

    So on the passenger fender, the OEM paint has been feeling off at the corner. Enough to see the bare aluminum, but not a huge amount - still enough to annoy me though.

    There was a local ralliart owner who posted on FB looking for a set of Evo fenders. I figured a body shop fix vs just selling outright wouldn't put me that far from an aftermarket fender. I still remember when I had problems with the 295 G-Force R1S's.

    He offered to buy the chargespeed CF fender vents and hood scoop (both of them with fading clear coat), so it gave me a decent bunch of cash.



    I was planning on going with C-West fenders in FRP.

    But I have no idea why...but the VF fenders have started growing on me. I used to think these looked so awkward.

    And luck have it, there was a local Evo owner who was selling a set he bought.

    He bought them in carbon fiber, so they were much more than I wanted to spend - but he gave me a good deal that made the idea of saving a few hundred AND waiting on build time + shipping time and cost worth it. Sure I'll be running with that silly look of bare carbon fiber for a little bit, but at least when I do come around to finding time/budget for body work, I'll have CF fenders.



    Man I love how much this Civic hatchback. Swallowed up the box without a problem. Why are people obsessed with crossovers.



    Then opened them up, on the off chance that they might have been damaged from transit. Crossed my fingers hoping they were fine, because the order was made a few months ago.





    So yeah. Shall put these on soon

  10. #310
    Senior Member mityaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,226
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look nice! I hope you garage your car. UV will fade that quick.
    '11 GSR
    Current
    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. Self tuned

    Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM

  11. #311
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else on here installed VF front fenders? @UT_EvoX ? @Ponopride I know you have these on your shop ralliart

    I triple checked my box and packaging and saw no manual. The bottom OEM bracket is preventing the bottom half of this fender from going into place. First reply on facebook said the manual says to cut it off. Anybody got a copy of the manual? Is this the only complication when installing these? Seems like the rest of the fender will line right up if I cut it.




    Though at this hour, I guess I'll wait for a response from VF tomorrow.

  12. #312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe @Legoctf has these as well.

  13. #313
    Member Legoctf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup! I had to cut mine.

    They are a pain in the ass to fit properly. I'm still not happy with them lol. I can give you a full list of tips/suggestions for install later this afternoon when I'm not on my phone.

    EDIT:
    Okay so aside from those brackets, if you haven't already I highly recommend cutting the fender liner tabs on the inner part of the fenders. Since these are made from a mold of OEM fenders they retain those tabs, and your tire can grab the tab and try and bend/break them. I learned this the hard way and it caused my fenders to crack in the front.

    I also recommend through bolting the bumper side brackets to the fender if you choose to run them. These are the black plastic pieces the bumper clips into to hold it on. The fender material alone just isnt enough to hold the plastic bracket on and (in my experience) will eventually break. I have it through bolted on both sides now and its much sturdier.

    Another thing you may wish to do is create/build some kind of catch/liner in the back of fender. It will get filled with dirt, rocks, and sediment that love to get all over your car, especially when you wash it. Every time I would wash my car it was like a small dump truck was being emptied under my fender onto my sideskirt. It is still a recurring issue that drives me mad.

    Finally, I had to sand the hell out of them to make them fit okay. The door to fender gap required so much sanding that it actually went through the fender and had to be glassed over. I hope your carbon ones fit much better than my fiberglass ones did. I love the look but MAN were they a pain. I sort of want to reorder a set just so they might fit a little better.
    Last edited by Legoctf; 06-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.

  14. #314
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Yup! I had to cut mine.

    They are a pain in the ass to fit properly. I'm still not happy with them lol. I can give you a full list of tips/suggestions for install later this afternoon when I'm not on my phone.

    EDIT:
    Okay so aside from those brackets, if you haven't already I highly recommend cutting the fender liner tabs on the inner part of the fenders. Since these are made from a mold of OEM fenders they retain those tabs, and your tire can grab the tab and try and bend/break them. I learned this the hard way and it caused my fenders to crack in the front.
    Oh shit. Which tab is that? (gave up my fender liners a while ago, so not sure which one you're referring to) Is it the one I pictured already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    I also recommend through bolting the bumper side brackets to the fender if you choose to run them. These are the black plastic pieces the bumper clips into to hold it on. The fender material alone just isnt enough to hold the plastic bracket on and (in my experience) will eventually break. I have it through bolted on both sides now and its much sturdier.
    The Move Over Racing QR kit does this, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly? So I should be good there. Not my picture, but you can see it's a bolt/nut combo passing through the fender itself, the black plastic piece is discarded.



    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post

    Another thing you may wish to do is create/build some kind of catch/liner in the back of fender. It will get filled with dirt, rocks, and sediment that love to get all over your car, especially when you wash it. Every time I would wash my car it was like a small dump truck was being emptied under my fender onto my sideskirt. It is still a recurring issue that drives me mad.
    well fuck. that sounds great...though I guess they'll come off later when I get these painted, I'll see how it pans out for me

    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Finally, I had to sand the hell out of them to make them fit okay. The door to fender gap required so much sanding that it actually went through the fender and had to be glassed over. I hope your carbon ones fit much better than my fiberglass ones did. I love the look but MAN were they a pain. I sort of want to reorder a set just so they might fit a little better.
    So far they seem to fit ok on the top end - I can't really tell if the gap along the door is going to line-up until I shave/cut that bracket off. The fitment with the A-pillar, under-hood bolt points, and headlight/bumper seem ok...so we'll see.

    Thanks a ton for posting though

  15. #315
    Member Legoctf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you have a pretty good handle on it actually! The move over kit is a really good idea, I just haven't brought myself to put the holes in my bumper, though the more I think about the more I probably should.

    As for the fender liner tabs, along the entire perimeter of the wheel cut of the fender there are "tabs" for a non existent fender liner. The worst one is in the front by that black plastic bracket we discussed earlier, right by where the fender meets the front bumper. My tires managed to grab the tabs on both sides on hard cornering and cracked both fenders. Yours may not have them if you haven't seen yet? I just know mine did and they caused a problem that I wish I caught earlier

  16. #316
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Looks like you have a pretty good handle on it actually! The move over kit is a really good idea, I just haven't brought myself to put the holes in my bumper, though the more I think about the more I probably should.

    As for the fender liner tabs, along the entire perimeter of the wheel cut of the fender there are "tabs" for a non existent fender liner. The worst one is in the front by that black plastic bracket we discussed earlier, right by where the fender meets the front bumper. My tires managed to grab the tabs on both sides on hard cornering and cracked both fenders. Yours may not have them if you haven't seen yet? I just know mine did and they caused a problem that I wish I caught earlier
    Yeah I totally forgot about tabs for the fender liner - felt along the bottom and sure enough they're there. Thanks for the heads up, they're definitely unnecessary and could just get caught and cause damage, like you said.

    I dicked around with shaving the bottom fender bracket and made some good progress

    Then randomly, I noticed my left headlight's switchback DRL + city light (which is what it's wired to for the DRL). Checked around and couldn't find it wasn't working, so off came the bumper so I could get the headlights. Put those at my electronics work bench inside and I'll deal with that later

    Then came the dealing with lining up the fender with the door - and I realized the tricky part is finding the positioning/gap so that the front door can still open. Mildly annoying, and that's when I just told myself I'm shaving this bracket for no good reason. Just cut the damn thing off. There's more than enough bolt points for an OEM fender to be mounted up if I ever went back.




    Now I just can't remember how the bottom plastic bracket lines up (the one that also holds the side skirt). Does this plastic bracket hold onto the VF fender? or is the upright hole on it for the OEM, which isn't used anymore?

    I'm realizing now that this tab/hole that has been interfering with the chassis bracket is probably a fender liner bracket, so it should be ignored/cut off anyway...at least I'm pretty sure

  17. #317
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Looks like you have a pretty good hadendle on it actually! The move over kit is a really good idea, I just haven't brought myself to put the holes in my bumper, though the more I think about the more I probably should.

    As for the fender liner tabs, along the entire perimeter of the wheel cut of the fender there are "tabs" for a non existent fender liner. The worst one is in the front by that black plastic bracket we discussed earlier, right by where the fender meets the front bumper. My tires managed to grab the tabs on both sides on hard cornering and cracked both fenders. Yours may not have them if you haven't seen yet? I just know mine did and they caused a problem that I wish I caught earlier
    The move over kit is super easy. I managed to mess up one side of mine but that was a haste makes waste kind of thing. Bolt the brackets on and see where the studs touch the bumper and drill your holes there.

  18. #318
    Member Legoctf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    67
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post

    Now I just can't remember how the bottom plastic bracket lines up (the one that also holds the side skirt). Does this plastic bracket hold onto the VF fender? or is the upright hole on it for the OEM, which isn't used anymore?

    I'm realizing now that this tab/hole that has been interfering with the chassis bracket is probably a fender liner bracket, so it should be ignored/cut off anyway...at least I'm pretty sure
    If memory serves, the plastic bracket goes on top of/through the bottom of the fender, and then the side skirt clips into that. I think.

    And yeah I removed the entire lower bracket. I kept it in the event it ever needed welded back on though.

  19. #319
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    spent about 2-3 hours a day over the week getting these fenders on. Started with the driver side and took my time to be careful and observant on how to mount them (the week between taking the OEM ones off was enough to get me to forget most of the process)

    then I started to realize that it's just not going to go that smoothly. These fenders just do not fit that well. I started trimming and shaving away to get fitment right. I had an idiot moment and trimmed an outer portion that's visible (if you look for it), but oh well. Maybe I'll get the body shop to fix it when I take them off to get painted - because as expected, I don't like the carbon fiber body panel look.

    After many hours, I got the driver side done and then went to tackle the passenger...and this one fit nearly perfect...kind of annoyed, but hey...less work is less work. It didn't even have any problems with the door hitting the fender when opening, which I had a ton of problems with on my driver side.

    oh well. It's on. productive weekend

    but it ends with this:


  20. #320
    Senior Member LeesEvoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,452
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn dude. How did that happen? That tire has a nasty gash

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  21. #321
    Senior Member Exyia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still waiting on the replacement tire to come in (since they're being phased out for the new Pilot4/Pilot4s and July4th delayed shipping)

    Sold off my civic hatch wheels and replaced them with a better looking wheel to the black (at least imo). I'm amazed at how much this hatchback can fit. all 4 wheels and tires in there just fine




    Ordered a whiteline sway bar for it too because why not/boredom. Got the sway bar saturday, just waiting on endlinks now

  22. #322
    Global Mod of Things DKevoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,839
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dope man! I like the new setup.

    And lol to the why not/boredom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •