User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Exyia 2.0 - Special Edition done right!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    "You're using the brake too much for braking rather than shifting weight."

That's when it clicked for me. Whenever I was approaching anything at high speed, I was overcompensating on braking (party because there's so much more top end power than I'm used to) and wasting too much time and effort on it for corner entry. The second big left sweeper in the back was the biggest indication of this. I started leaning on the car more to just take the turn at those higher speeds and using the brakes less - focusing on them more to shift weight than to shave speed. It really worked. It was as if I re-discovered grip that was still on the table (another indication of how r compounds really hid my bad driving habits)
    Great advice - It's also more fun this way!
    Last edited by MetalAF; 09-06-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4. Fuck Texas is hot. Oil temps were starting to get up there after more consecutive runs. Not sure if its of concern yet, just not used to the gauge going up into the red (IIRC the red segments start around 250F and would have climbed quickly). A few slow cool down laps brought temps right back down though, so maybe it won't be as bad on the track. But it was the first time I started to see the car get pushed that hard.
    What gauge are you referencing?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed video:

https://youtu.be/-arvkhHjZCs

Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    4. Fuck Texas is hot. Oil temps were starting to get up there after more consecutive runs. Not sure if its of concern yet, just not used to the gauge going up into the red (IIRC the red segments start around 250F and would have climbed quickly). A few slow cool down laps brought temps right back down though, so maybe it won't be as bad on the track. But it was the first time I started to see the car get pushed that hard.
    What gauge are you referencing?
    Innovate Oil Press + Oil Temp gauge.

My settings were this (I knew I would forget when I set them up, so I took a picture - yay me!)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, you get like zero front airflow in autox.