User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickjack

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone that owns one, want to leave a review? Thinking of picking one up.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got the chance to buy one...

Would have been super helpful with my extremely limited garage space now...
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially looked at one but wasn't high enough I ended up with the MaxJax instead. It was worth the extra bucks for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd much rather do a 2 post, but I rent currently.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickjack

I have had my QuickJack now since about January. I have some mixed reviews about it.

1) It is very steady and I have zero concerns about safety issues working under it. However, I do encourage bleeding the air from the hydraulics every 4-6 months to keep it operating level.
    2) Mine was one of the early versions, so the jackpoint surface areas were smaller originally which allowed my ChargeSpeed side skirts and JUN side diffusers to work, but it takes a lot of effort to line them up properly so that my JUN diffusers didn't impede the lift and crack. I have damaged them slightly as a result. @DKevoX Varis side skirts would not line up. The new models have extended pads now so this issue is supposed to be resolved but I cannot personally confirm.
    3) The hard rubber lift pads that were provided are not warrantied and are considered wear and tear items. Two of mine have cracked and needed to be replaced.
    4) You also cannot just drive over these, so it requires positioning bulky 35 lb. lifts under each side and lining them up for use. This would be easy for a stock ride height Evo. However, on a lowered Evo I have to drive up on a 2" wood block first.
    5) I do love the lift height. It raises 22" to full lock and I can easily slide under with my creeper and have plenty of room to work.

The newer model with the extended surface pads and the auto-locking support bar are big improvements over the previous versions and seem to solve a lot of the issues.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else have a QuickJack?

I'm heavily debating one (99% sold) due to the amount of times I've needed to get the X in the air, friends who have needed exhaust work, and then routine maintenance to my cars (brakes, wheel changes, etc.)

Jacks/Jackstands aren't a HUGE issue, but my garage is fairly narrow so one side of a car is always right up against a wall unless I pull both out and drive in sideways. Would be great to just slide the QuickJack kits underneath as needed..

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickjack

Don't get it if you have side diffusers or the Varis sideskirts with cf running boards

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    Don't get it if you have side diffusers or the Varis sideskirts with cf running boards
    Only have the aero front lip, stock side skirts. Saw your posts about that. Sounds like even with the 5000slx I should be able to clear lowered height though, is that right? Worst case I'm OK with driving onto a few wooden blocks. Still a heck of a lot easier than doing the side jack tango (HF low profile race jack won't clear aero front lip to reach center jack point)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did pick up the QuickJack. 5000 series.

A few comments for anyone considering one..

Positives;
    Great lift height - seems to be on par and possibly higher than some 3 ton stands at their max height. Just the mid-lock point on the QuickJack is plenty of room to lay under the X and wrench. Full height I bet would fit a creeper and put everything at decent arm reach length.

Fairly portable - The lifts themselves have wheels which makes them fairly easy to get around, and the pump/lift both have quick no-leak disconnects so the pump is portable too

No drilling - Does not require drilling any concrete which is fantastic. If you had a truck, you could throw these in the back and take it to the track easily.

Fantastic support by Bendpack - I've had a few issues, and those guys are on the ball with helping me out/replacing things (see below for the issues)

No-drip/quick connect fittings provided - These things are awesome. Pull back on the collar and you're disconnected. Press and it's connected. No air, no dripping, nadda. So much nicer than a threaded attachment or bearing sealed attachment which leaks a bit on release.

Negatives;
    Packaging - This needs some attention. A lot of my parts were loose when it arrived. Not a big deal, but I hate to think what might happen during transport with fittings flying around in boxes/falling out if the box rips open. The Styrofoam for packing is pretty thin, so it would be easy to get some superficial dents by misshandling. In my case, Fedex dropped this off at my house with no signature needed, so if there was shipping issues it means them coming back out to pick it up.

Instructions - The instructions are understandable, but there's some parts that seem to jump (bleed this, then fill this, oh but bleed this first), and due to their pumps having some different designs (120 vs. 12v for example), the pictures jump around as well. For the 12V, the lifts control remote is not connected to the pump assembly. There's no instructions anywhere on how to hook these up, but thankfully I was able to wing it (it was during holidays/weekend, so no phone support).

No hydraulic fluid - This is just a minor gripe really, but if I paid 1k+ for some equipment, I'm a bit bummed they couldn't include what amounted to ~$20 in fluid.

No torque specs - All hose ends/connections needs to be installed by you, sometimes with teflon tape. If there's one thing I've learned from AN fittings, it's "that's too tight". Not having even a ballpark to go on makes it a bit nerve-racking going between leaking from being loose, to leaking from stripping threads.

Now, like I said the support is awesome. I thought I had a leaking fitting on the pump which they had installed (2 fittings on my pump were pre-installed), however it turned out to be a fitting I didn't have tight enough (torque specs..). During this, I noticed that one of my quick disconnect ends was leaking - I mailed Luis from Bendpack about the prior leak and then this new issue. He immediately has overnighted me new male/female quick disconnects! This is absolutely awesome for me as it was a very quick, no fuss fix.

Overall, i'm pretty happy with this thing. It's no 2/4 post lift, but it was so damn easy to lift and drop my car to replace the suspension..

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickjack

The new lifting/auto-locking feature is much nicer than the old version.

Definitely do follow the maintenance instructions though and bleed the cylinders every few months.

I neglected to and had one side stuck in The up position until both Dan and I stood on it and jumped on it a bit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    The new lifting/auto-locking feature is much nicer than the old version.

Definitely do follow the maintenance instructions though and bleed the cylinders every few months.

I neglected to and had one side stuck in The up position until both Dan and I stood on it and jumped on it a bit.
    You bled both the hydro and air cylinders? Or just the hydro?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quickjack

Just the hydro. Just need to make sure the air cylinders have enough psi.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @saytheb they won't ship the hydraulic fluid because that would be shipping hazardous materials and cost them an arm and a leg.

They should give you a coupon to go pick it up from someplace though lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    @saytheb they won't ship the hydraulic fluid because that would be shipping hazardous materials and cost them an arm and a leg.

They should give you a coupon to go pick it up from someplace though lol.
    Well shit, I didn't even think of that.. Good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im thinking of buying the QuickJack and found this thread. Will be using on the Evo 9 and Jeep SRT (5100lb~) and thinking of getting the 7000 model to cover everything for now and in the future. Does anyone out there have the 7000 model and have any trouble with it on the Evo?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sideskirts and am able to place the quickjacks+blocks to avoid crushing/bending it. Takes a couple tries sometimes but, it does fit, at least for me.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk