Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,018 of 1018

Thread: Madmartigan's "Mad_Evo" Build

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    Also of note, bolts on powder coated parts require retourquing. Several of my bolts started to loosen a bit on powder coated parts. They were tight initially but loosened over time.
    This is absolutely true. I've seen powder coated calipers come loose even when torqued to spec at 96 ft-lb. Yours had loosened up just as what happened to @Lazarus back in the day too. Easy fix but something not everybody may know to look for.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    350 WHP WW Flex Fuel 2014 Evo X MR | 600 WHP OB 2008 Evo X GSR

Evo X Builder & Tuner since 2009 - Boosted Mitsubishis since 2005 | Buy fuel kits, flex fuel setups, or order an e-tune online: http://www.wtftuned.com/

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WTFTuned

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also of note, bolts on powder coated parts require retourquing. Several of my bolts started to loosen a bit on powder coated parts. They were tight initially but loosened over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by UT_EvoX View Post
    This is absolutely true. I've seen powder coated calipers come loose even when torqued to spec at 96 ft-lb. Yours had loosened up just as what happened to @Lazarus back in the day too. Easy fix but something not everybody may know to look for.

Thank you!!!!! I did not know this!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UT_EvoX View Post

Thank you!!!!! I did not know this!
    Yes, it is believed that this was a cause of my engine fire. After the fire occurred, we found that one of the fuel rail bolts had completely backed out and was missing and the other one was half way backed out. This caused the fuel rail to be loose and an injector to spray out fuel onto the surface of the engine/valve cover.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I picked up the Evo from WTF just a couple days before the 4th of July and drove it home 1200 miles. Made an adjustment to the Radiator Fan Temp controls and she has been running beautifully since. We changed up the engine bay colors a bit which were posted on WTF's InstaGram about 6 weeks ago, but we hadn't fixed the damage to the Varis VSDC carbon hood yet. Because of having to paint the hood, then I didn't want to leave the trunk just exposed carbon fiber. Dropped off the Evo at the bodyshop 2 weeks ago.

The trunk was painted and we left a 2" exposed carbon fiber strip at the bottom. It looks fantastic. We re-clear-coated the Aeromotions S2 wing, and are doing an interesting pattern on the front hood. Doing a bit of a U-shape with exposed carbon fiber along the natural hood lines on the outsides, and added a 1/4" pin stripe. I should be able to pick it up this weekend, and then I need to get it detailed and some high quality pics. Glad to have it all back together.

EvoTrunk1.jpg

EvoTrunk2.jpg

AeromotionsS2Bases.jpg

AeromotionsS2Wing.jpg

DamagedVarisVSDCHood.jpg

This is the damaged hood. The U-shape in the center would get painted Grigio Silverstone. The area left and bottom of the tape would be exposed carbon fiber. The area between the tape would be a pinstripe. That was just a rough mock-up for discussion purposes.
    Last edited by Madmartigan; 08-07-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinstripe is going to look awesome!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s looking alright, what else needs to be done after you’ve sorted the hood???

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may still upgrade the interior a bit, adding charcoal grey alcantara to the dash & headliner & pillar areas with green stitching. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything left to do.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hood is done. I really am pleased with it. I wanted people to know it was still carbon fiber since it is a VSDC hood, but didn't want to get too plain or too wild with it. I think this is a nice tasteful blend.

Hood1.jpg

Hood2.jpg

Hood3.jpg

Hood4.jpg

Hood5.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like that but is the carbon at the front protected against stone chips???

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbadman View Post
    I really like that but is the carbon at the front protected against stone chips???
    The whole car previously had a ceramic pro coating on it that held up pretty well. I am scheduled to get the Evo fully detailed in mid-September and will have it clear-bra'd then. I am only home 2 days from now until then because of work travel.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that initial for sale post was brutal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that initial for sale post was brutal.
    What do you mean? The act of posting it? or the replies?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade Evo X Facebook group my Evo, and just was attacked. A few good people in there, but I did expect it.

"For $160k cost it should have 2000hp and fly" type responses.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade Evo X Facebook group my Evo, and just was attacked. A few good people in there, but I did expect it.

"For $160k cost it should have 2000hp and fly" type responses.
    You posted it for $160k?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope you get the $60k you're asking for. That being said, you're much better off parting it out if you want that much.

A lot of those clowns don't understand how expensive some of those parts are. Nor do they understand it's on pump gas...idiots.
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I posted for $60k, expecting to sell between $50k to $55k. I have spent over $160k into it though. To be fair, about $15k was probably rebuild parts/labor. So if it were strictly first time part costs and labor it would be about $145k.

I just have gone without it for the past year, and like 3 years before that, so it isn't needed anymore. Also, the thrill of building it is gone. Other than a thumbnail size small crack on the side skirt and a small road rash on one wheel then it runs and drives fantastic.

I figured I would post it up and it would sit 3 to 6 months before someone scooped it up, but I wasn't expecting so much hate. Especially regarding the Aeromotions S2 Dynamic wing. Most of those users showed they were completely ignorant of what it is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you get what you want out of it. It looks pretty nice dude.