User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: DereksX 800+whp Build Thread

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I sold my CTS-V about a month ago and have been borrowing cars, Uber, etc to and from work since selling until last Friday when I finally found a replacement for the V.

I’m picky as hell when it comes to vehicles, especially something I want to keep a while so it took some searching but here it is!

2014 Silverado LTZ. I’ve been wanting a truck for years now just never pulled the trigger. I’ve wanted to do events with the Evo but never had anything to tow it with. Problem no more!

55F7CCB4-543C-4030-95B0-1FE460A8BFF8.jpg

The Evo has been done for about 3 weeks now. Some minor things needed to be done that I’d rather have WTF do which they did and she was picked up yesterday for transport. Exciting times to say the least!
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    Well I sold my CTS-V about a month ago and have been borrowing cars, Uber, etc to and from work since selling until last Friday when I finally found a replacement for the V.

Iím picky as hell when it comes to vehicles, especially something I want to keep a while so it took some searching but here it is!

2014 Silverado LTZ. Iíve been wanting a truck for years now just never pulled the trigger. Iíve wanted to do events with the Evo but never had anything to tow it with. Problem no more!

55F7CCB4-543C-4030-95B0-1FE460A8BFF8.jpg

The Evo has been done for about 3 weeks now. Some minor things needed to be done that Iíd rather have WTF do which they did and she was picked up yesterday for transport. Exciting times to say the least!
    Sweet truck dude. Is it the 6.2l then?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 5.3. 6.2 was way too hard to find (which I wanted) and was out of my price range.
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    It's a 5.3. 6.2 was way too hard to find (which I wanted) and was out of my price range.
    5.3 is still stout. I just asked because I've been eyeballing the 6.2 lol

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve driven both back to back and I could barely tell the difference between the 2 engines. And the small difference is mostly up top and who the hell revvs out their 1/2 ton truck all the time?!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    Iíve driven both back to back and I could barely tell the difference between the 2 engines. And the small difference is mostly up top and who the hell revvs out their 1/2 ton truck all the time?!
    This is very true. I must admit, im a dodge guy. And have been looking at the 2500 gasser with the 6.4l. And its barely any different numbers wise than the 5.7l.

I guess the 6.4 is built as a REAL truck engine. So then why do they also offer the 5.7l in the 2500?

Basically, if you want a REAL truck. You have to get a 3/4 ton minimum with the big diesel bro engines. Which I'm not against, just dont know if I'm ready for that kind of maintenance and shit.

These newer half ton trucks are geared to comfort. Not really a true truck. I think my ram 1500 has less than 1,000 lbs payload of you actually do all the math to make it safe, accounting for passengers, fluids and other BS. It's pretty pathetic.