User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EVOL ME, not so EVOL

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, research is getting me more questions.

Rear Control Arm
    Rear Toe Control Arm
    Rear Camber Bolt Kit

Do I really need to spend all of this though? I was previously set well, so wouldn't that mean I just need the Bolt Kit?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 rear arms. "Camber arm" and "toe arm". They both have eccentric bolts to allow for adjustment. So either one or both of your rear eccentrics could be messed up on each side.

If you want to change the arms, most people just replace the camber arm. The camber arm allows you to just the length of the arm to get the desired setting instead of adjusting the eccentric bolt. As a result some kits such as the whiteline camber arms replace the eccentric with a rectangular washer (its part of the kit) that is locked in place since you don't "need" that eccentric adjustability any more. Lots of options out there for camber arms.

Fewer options out there for the toe arm but aftermarket ones exist.

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have whiteline lower bars with eccentric delete but OEM toe bars with OEM toe eccentrics and I'm at zero toe rear and -2.1 camber rear.

I didn't want that much rear camber, coming from the CT9A platform, but let me tell you, that woke up the car big time on track. I was amazed and humbled.

However, I am at -3.2 up front.

If you drive an Evo like and Evo you want those type of settings. As long as you are zero toe, the tire wear isn't stupid.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    OK, research is getting me more questions.

Rear Control Arm
    Rear Toe Control Arm
    Rear Camber Bolt Kit

Do I really need to spend all of this though? I was previously set well, so wouldn't that mean I just need the Bolt Kit?
    You don't need any of that stuff just to get a basic alignment done with 0 toe, unless you're trying to increase the negative camber further than what the OEM suspension parts will allow (roughly -2F/-1.6R camber).

Who are you taking your car to for alignments? It sounds like they have no idea what they're doing...
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    SCCA Member # 467273 ← Use me as a referral for a membership discount!!
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commercial. They have always, last 15+ years, always done well. The gent doing it did it last time also. I am wondering if the RCA kit exaggerated the rear or if that sides camber bolt/washer are just FUBAR and he didn't realize it.

With all the changes I can understand if it went FUBAR.

And the issue is that when toe is zero the camber is at -2.7. I want it closer to -1.5. Can't get there with zero toe, but can with toe at like .1 or something, no printout of that, just what I saw.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An RCA kit wouldn't really have any affect on the rear suspension geometry. Either they messed up your camber and/or toe arm eccentric bolts or their alignment machine is way off. Zero toe is easily attainable with OEM camber and toe arms when you only want -1.5 rear camber.

I recommend going to Big O on State St and have Ryan give you the AutoX special. lol
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    WTF Tuned | Flex Fuel | Full ETS Bolt-Ons | Íhlins/SuperPro/Torque Solution Suspension
    SM #11
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on this? Btw garage looks sweet!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered new eccentrics and going to follow @flawlessninja advice.

Everything else is stalled. Still having issues. Took it to a local shop to get other eyes on it and check for boost/exhaust leaks. Issues remain sadly. Top it off the shop didn't plug the breather during pressure test and I was a billowing smoke ball as I left. Shit myself for sure with the new engine. 2nd, threw a lean bank 1 code driving off. Sitting on the side of the road in a smoke fog going through everything only to find they didn't fully seat injector 1. Cleared it and no codes since.

Frustrating cause I have no clue what I am looking for to correct this. I unplugged and replugged all my electrical connections. Re leaned my MAF. Everything seems to me to be tight and secure. Everything is new except for a few items.

Just frustrating.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thanks about the garage! Just cleaned it up from the mess of the swap. It was filthy.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered new eccentrics and going to follow @flawlessninja advice.

Everything else is stalled. Still having issues. Took it to a local shop to get other eyes on it and check for boost/exhaust leaks. Issues remain sadly. Top it off the shop didn't plug the breather during pressure test and I was a billowing smoke ball as I left. Shit myself for sure with the new engine. 2nd, threw a lean bank 1 code driving off. Sitting on the side of the road in a smoke fog going through everything only to find they didn't fully seat injector 1. Cleared it and no codes since.

Frustrating cause I have no clue what I am looking for to correct this. I unplugged and replugged all my electrical connections. Re leaned my MAF. Everything seems to me to be tight and secure. Everything is new except for a few items.

Just frustrating.
    Jesus man... what shop did you take it to for the inspection?
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    SM #11
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1511 View Post
    Then to the dealership for a once over and time to complete the tune. Man I missed just sitting in it. Cant wait for boost!
    ITS A TRAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVOL ME, not so EVOL

Lol at Susan.........

So, took the trip down to see TJ. Have to say, they are one hell of a shop, and the people just kick ass in general.

Sorted out a bunch of different shit, biggest thing was the new O2 to down pipe connection was a 100% fail on my part. I didn't check the new housing for a gasket, and skipped it lol. Huge exhaust leak now fixed along with all others plus sealed boost lines.

Finally tuned! I have boost.

Bad news is, about an hour out of Boise, 5th gear started popping out??? Ended up finishing the drive down there holding it in as best I could. Messed with the lines a bit in SLC and during tuning no issues at all. Good news right?.........

So fast forward to 7 pm, and we are complete. The wife and I start driving home with huge smiles, again thank you WTF! About 40 minutes out of SLC and 5th pops out again, dammit. About 2 hours out it will not stay in 5th so I slow down and cruise the rest of the way in 4th. 40 minutes from boise I had to stop for fuel. Coming off the freeway tried to take it out of 4th and was like fighting a pitbull for his toy....

Get home and completely disassemble the shifter cables and assembly. Everything feels solid until I reconnect to the trasmission. 3rd is a sucker punch but 4th is a downright fight.

Flying out for a bit tomorrow, but was thinking of giving the transmission a fluid change to see if that helps. If not, just going to take it to a local transmission shop for troubleshooting.

Each step forward comes with 2 steps back with this damn machine..

But as far as WTF goes, solid class act. Very impressive to bring the wife and all she sees is Evos everywhere in multiple states of orderly array. She absolutely fell in love with the shop mascot. Had to talk her out of trying to bring it home lol. Ryan, Colton, TJ, ect. Are the very essence of what a professional shop should be. Clean, organized, friendly as anyone could be. Made the wife and I feel right at home while working.

WTF 10/10 would bang.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you were able to get down there and fix/tune it up! Hopefully the transmission issues aren't anything serious.
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    SM #11
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessninja View Post
    Glad you were able to get down there and fix/tune it up! Hopefully the transmission issues aren't anything serious.
    Helping him a bit with the transmission issue. I can't imagine it's internal; just doesn't feel like it. Must be shift lever/linkage related.
    350 WHP WW Flex Fuel 2014 Evo X MR | 600 WHP OB 2008 Evo X GSR

Evo X Builder & Tuner since 2009 - Boosted Mitsubishis since 2005 | Buy fuel kits, flex fuel setups, or order an e-tune online: http://www.wtftuned.com/

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WTFTuned

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    Then to the dealership for a once over and time to complete the tune. Man I missed just sitting in it. Cant wait for boost!
    ITS A TRAP!

So report it so it doesn't take me 3 days to stumble across it?

2012 EvoX MR - 11.289 @ 123.24mph
    2015 Scion FR-S - D-Street in SCCA Solo II
    Info/Pics: Instagram / Build Thread
    Sponsors: DSGPerformance
    Founder: Evil Apex Racing

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    ITS A TRAP!

So report it so it doesn't take me 3 days to stumble across it?
    Didn't even realize there was a report button...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was finally able to go drive and have some fun this morning on some twisties. All I can say is this love hate relationship just swung in the right direction.

Have to give it to TJ and WTF for sure. Tune is spot on. I have always thought my AFR was swinging too much, and now that my tune is updated it sticks and I can actually see it!

Filled a fresh E85 (e72) tank for the first time myself and took it for some pulls. Sex Face is what I have. Wonderful Sex Face!

Looking forward to finishing fleshing out the issues and just beating on it for a while. Starting today..... hills here I come!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was finally able to go drive and have some fun this morning on some twisties. All I can say is this love hate relationship just swung in the right direction.

Have to give it to TJ and WTF for sure. Tune is spot on. I have always thought my AFR was swinging too much, and now that my tune is updated it sticks and I can actually see it!

Filled a fresh E85 (e72) tank for the first time myself and took it for some pulls. Sex Face is what I have. Wonderful Sex Face!

Looking forward to finishing fleshing out the issues and just beating on it for a while. Starting today..... hills here I come!
    How's the transmission/shifter issue?

Evo X Builder & Tuner since 2009 - Boosted Mitsubishis since 2005 | Buy fuel kits, flex fuel setups, or order an e-tune online: http://www.wtftuned.com/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goes into the Trans shop Tuesday for diagnostics. You are probably right in issue location but I cannot seem to correct it. So for 65$ someone can point me in the right direction I am good with it.

Just 3-4 feels funny. Still shifts, no pop out of gear, and pulls fine so we will see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear things are working out for you my man!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^thanks good sir!! Missed boost for 6 months or so, now it like a new car for me!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I kill an EVO it doesn't want to be revived.

Transmission is toast. Burned fluid, metal flakes and shards.

I swear I remember a member in Florida that was selling a long block and also a transmission but I do not see it in the for sale section. If anyone remembers who that was, please link for me?

EVO Killer should be my forum name...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I packed up the old block and head being shipped out Monday for others enjoyment.....

That said I have a bunch of random parts.. stock turbo, intake manifold, throttle body, water pump, alternator, brackets, bolts, sensors, ect...

Anyone needing anything?

If not I will see what random goodies WTF wants/needs.if no takers for anything most all will be shipped out Monday and no longer available.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I packed up the old block and head being shipped out Monday for others enjoyment.....

That said I have a bunch of random parts.. stock turbo, intake manifold, throttle body, water pump, alternator, brackets, bolts, sensors, ect...

Anyone needing anything?

If not I will see what random goodies WTF wants/needs.if no takers for anything most all will be shipped out Monday and no longer available.
    @UT_EvoX Would it be worth doing a rebuild on a stock turbo for a little more power?
    @stephenemersondickens
    2012 PBP Evo X GSR
    SM #11
    NASA Member # 179774

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flawlessninja View Post

Anyone needing anything?

@UT_EvoX Would it be worth doing a rebuild on a stock turbo for a little more power?
    Our in-house turbo is good for up to 440 WHP on E85. Costs $880 + turbo core. Includes Turbosmart 18 PSI WGA and 3" inlet.