User Tag List

Thread: WB Routing suggestions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WB Routing suggestions

I'm installing a WB02 + TP soon and want to route the connector up and through to the fuse box.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what process I could follow or any expisting how to's on removing dash, routing wires, etc.?

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sensor routes through the OEM sensor wiring hole under the passenger side carpet, directly under the glove box.

Wire for power with an add-a-fuse to the drivers side fusebox. Ground the wideband at the ground on the passenger side. (follow the OEM wires to ground)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    sensor routes through the OEM sensor wiring hole under the passenger side carpet, directly under the glove box.

Wire for power with an add-a-fuse to the drivers side fusebox. Ground the wideband at the ground on the passenger side. (follow the OEM wires to ground)
    rgr - ty

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw, to get to the OEM sensor wiring hole. pull up the passenger side carpet from the front towards the back, remove styrofoam block underneath carpet, you will see the rubber plug with the sensor wiring coming through it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw, to get to the OEM sensor wiring hole. pull up the passenger side carpet from the front towards the back, remove styrofoam block underneath carpet, you will see the rubber plug with the sensor wiring coming through it.
    Roger that, thanks for the tips.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wouldn't by chance know which fuse slot to add the add-a-fuse to would you? Is the the cig fuse?

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rxreyn3 View Post

You wouldn't by chance know which fuse slot to add the add-a-fuse to would you? Is the the cig fuse?

I believe that is the one I used.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it appears I need to cut the boot in order to feed my wideband cable thru, any recommendations how to re-seal it and make it watertight? Also, can i remove that bracket to make it more accessible?

IMG_3297.jpg

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop out the boot and you can cut a little half moon in one side to route the wideband wiring through. You can seal it back up with black silicone or the like.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop out the boot and you can cut a little half moon in one side to route the wideband wiring through. You can seal it back up with black silicone or the like.
    Ok next question. I can't quite get the foam out without removing the side panel. I can't quite get the side panel out without removing the center console lol. I removed the two bolts from the storage area, but it's not clear how to go about the next step. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_3301.jpg

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which side panel? The one in the center or the one under the dash by the door? I'm assuming in the middle... Can't you just route the wires under it? Not sure it needs to be taken out. I could be wrong, I will be doing this soon so I have no first hand experience

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WB Routing suggestions

I did not touch that panel for the wiring.

The panel next to the door under the glove box can be removed without damage. Remove that and you have access to your footwell area carpet. You can manage the carpet on the door side to get the wires back behind the glove box. Once there, put pad, carpet, panel back in place. The glove box is easy enough to remove. I lost my hydraulic unit somehow, don't care. Fish the wire from passenger side to drivers side behind the trim piece area in the center panel.

I will try find the link I used which was an excellent guide.
    Last edited by EVOL ME; 10-20-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post
    Which side panel? The one in the center or the one under the dash by the door? I'm assuming in the middle... Can't you just route the wires under it? Not sure it needs to be taken out. I could be wrong, I will be doing this soon so I have no first hand experience

Yes - I can hack around it. I'd just rather make the room. If it's a giant pain, I'll let it lie.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lew-e View Post

Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    I did not touch that panel for the wiring.

The panel next to the door under the glove box can be removed without damage. Remove that and you have access to your footwell area carpet. You can manage the carpet on the door side to get the wires back behind the glove box. Once there, put pad, carpet, panel back in place. The glove box is easy enough to remove. I lost my hydraulic unit somehow, don't care. Fish the wire from passenger side to drivers side behind the trim piece area in the center panel.

I will try find the link I used which was an excellent guide.
    Thanks. That sounds much easier. 😀

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WB Routing suggestions

Should I put any anti-seize on the O2 threads?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wont hurt, just use a dab as a little goes a long way.
    2010 GG Evo X

Power:
    AMS Down-pipe, MAP Resonated TP, UR Dual Exhaust, ETS Intake, Grimspeed 3 Port, Synapse DV, AMS Inter-cooler, MAP UICP and
    Tuned by Chet using EcuFlash
    Interior:
    AEM Boost and Wideband Gauges
    Suspension & Handling:
    Ohlin R&T Coilovers w/ 10k/10k springs

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this look ok for placement tie-down? Am concerned about that connection not being waterproof; should I wrap it?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks ok, I prefer adel clamps personally to secure cables over zip ties (either works though). If you are worried about moisture in the connection just use some dielectric grease to seal it. It is used on many of the engine connections to help keep out moisture.
    Last edited by Nate; 10-25-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    2010 GG Evo X

Power:
    AMS Down-pipe, MAP Resonated TP, UR Dual Exhaust, ETS Intake, Grimspeed 3 Port, Synapse DV, AMS Inter-cooler, MAP UICP and
    Interior:
    Suspension & Handling:

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is pretty much like that and has been fine for two years through rain and snow.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My aviation/military background has made me a perfectionist when securing things....so keep that in mind. Zipties are solid though for sure.
    2010 GG Evo X

Power:
    Interior:
    Suspension & Handling: