User Tag List

Thread: New contact key to be orderd : stock rom mandatory ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New contact key to be orderd : stock rom mandatory ?

Hello all,

I have to order from Mitsubishi a new key for my X RS (I have only one left and I am more and more afraid of losing it).

They told me that once received, they have to code the key on the car. I guess it is linked to immobilizer or something like that.

Question is : Is it better to go with the original rom or a Tephra V3 will be ok for the dealer "coding" actions ?

thanks in advance,

JB.

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Immobilizer is in the ETACS, not the ECU.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks !

I will have to get to know more about this ETACS thing. I thought my RS was not equiped with it because of the disabled ABS, but apparently it's a standard component.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how to reprogram keys via etacs decoder? I couldn't figure that one out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HispanicPanic View Post
    Does anyone know how to reprogram keys via etacs decoder? I couldn't figure that one out...
    You need a MUT3 or equivalent.
    The airports had to be commandeered to protect us from the Bowling Green Massacre. Itís what Paul Revere was shouting about as he fired his "second amendment solution" muzzle auto-loading musket into the air again and again and again.

The truth is that early Democrats used horse-drawn airports to transport kids from Comet Ping-Pong to colonial butter-churning events and other treasonous activities funded by a Colonel Soros.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
    Will this work or is it BS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_AzrHx32cw
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, will work ONLY IF you have two (2) working keys available. if only one key, then no. Need MT3 or equivalent.

FOB procedure is slightly different but still requires two (2) working FOBs.

These procedures are detailed in the owners manual.
    The airports had to be commandeered to protect us from the Bowling Green Massacre. Itís what Paul Revere was shouting about as he fired his "second amendment solution" muzzle auto-loading musket into the air again and again and again.

The truth is that early Democrats used horse-drawn airports to transport kids from Comet Ping-Pong to colonial butter-churning events and other treasonous activities funded by a Colonel Soros.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, will work ONLY IF you have two (2) working keys available. if only one key, then no. Need MT3 or equivalent.

FOB procedure is slightly different but still requires two (2) working FOBs.

These procedures are detailed in the owners manual.
    I've got 1 Key that came with the car, then picked up an outlander key on eBay. Got a separate key blank (also on eBay) had the key cut to match mine, then swapped the outlanders internals into my new cut blank. So the new key was originally coded for a different etacs.

Does that mean it won't work?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a separate key blank (also on eBay) had the key cut to match mine, then swapped the outlanders internals into my new cut blank. So the new key was originally coded for a different etacs.

Does that mean it won't work?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Again, the CAR is programmed to allow the key or FOB to work. There is no programming of the FOB. One FOB/key can work with multiple cars.

You will still need a MUT3 (or equiv) to program the car (ETACS computer via OBD2 port) to accept / recognize the new key / FOB. If you had two working keys/ FOBs, then you would not need a MUT3.