User Tag List

Thread: P0455 - Next steps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P0455 - Next steps

Howdy!

So, I’m not a total moron. I can Google. I can look through old threads. I’m just looking for some general next steps.

2008 Evo X, 105k miles.
    DW300 fuel pump (doubt it matters but seemed relevant)
    ID1050s
    DrivenFab flex fuel

I’ve been getting a p0455 off and for a month or so. None of it really correlates to the modifications, as I’ve had the fuel stuff done for several months. So it very well could just be “lol old car” type stuff.

Thus far I’ve replaced the gas cap, because fuck yeah I did. It’s shiny and fucking new. Fuck yeah.

I laid under the car and jiggled the charcoal canister, and it seemed... fine? Nothing seemed loose or especially leaky.

What’s the next best guess on what to replace? I see the solenoid under the hood for 100 bucks, is that the next best shot? None of the parts are expensive, I’ll buy a whole damn charcoal canister again if that’s a logical thing to buy. It just doesn’t seem like there’s too much troubleshooting besides buying parts. Most of the threads about this just sort of die out, or people say “lol check your fuel cap”. Thanks!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you using as ECU input for ethanol content sensor? If you are using the fuel pressure tank connector, you should disable P0455 code in your ROM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psfp View Post
    What are you using as ECU input for ethanol content sensor? If you are using the fuel pressure tank connector, you should disable P0455 code in your ROM.
    No idea! I’ll ask my tuner and see if this correlates. I’ve done so many mods so quickly and in so many different tunes that it might match up to switching and using a WTF Tuned versus the local guy. I know we are logging ethanol during the tuning process so I might be able to tell if I look at the map itself.

Thanks for the idea!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a response back from the tuner; it is something he can/will turn off. Yay I honestly never thought the Flex Fuel stuff came into play with that system, so thanks for enlightening me, that makes sense.

My gas cap is new and shiny, though.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog View Post
    Got a response back from the tuner; it is something he can/will turn off. Yay I honestly never thought the Flex Fuel stuff came into play with that system, so thanks for enlightening me, that makes sense.

Dont let your tuner lie to you. It may seem like he did everything in the tune.. but it was your gas cap mod that fixed it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog View Post

Dont let your tuner lie to you. It may seem like he did everything in the tune.. but it was your gas cap mod that fixed it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The new gas cap is very nice. It feels much more secure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very normal code as long as you have Tephra V3 flex fuel. When I got my flex fuel installed I was getting that same code probably every couple hundred miles. Did some research and found this. I also mentioned it this to my tuner and he did the same thing and turn it off.

From tephra v3 website

P0455

Sometimes when "stealing" the Fuel Tank Pressure signal you will get a P0455, to resolve this please using the following XML segments to up the P0455 check 1594rpm to 7969rpm!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FP BB Red turbo : Darton Sleeved 2.0 : Arias custom Pistons : Kelford - B Cams and springs : Supertech- valves : ID 1300 fuel injectors : Exedy - Twin Clutch
    BakaUnchi Tuned : Mustang Dyno 91 4010whp, e85 501whp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that’s basically what he said in response. We are doing the 93 octane map right now and he commented he needed to turn it off. I guess I just googled the wrong terms.