User Tag List

Thread: Reaper Crew Houston SCAM

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reaper Crew Houston SCAM

Edit: It's now confirmed that Lloyd is/was the scammer. Brandon had nothing to do with this and unfortunately lost a lot of money on his own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up people.

1) Thought you all might enjoy this story.
    2) Wanted to post this someplace I could link members of the local "Reaper Crew" to so they could talk or get/share more info, because I'll be kicked from the group the minute I share this information.

Anyway,

A couple months ago I went with Kozmic to a car show in Houston. However, some other customers Kozmic invited to join us at the show cancelled last minute, resulting in Kozmic reaching out to the "Reaper Crew" and asking if they would fill in. Morgan knew these people, so it was an easy request. Anyway, here's everyone at that Dub Show (best image I have, I'm a bit selfish and just photographed my car):

The two cars on the far right are reaper crew cars. There's a 370z belonging to Brandon, and an R32 skyline belonging to Lloyd who is the president of reaper crew. Anyway, who doesn't like photos. Here's a better shot of the crew:

But here's a more accurate representation of the crew. Not bad people overall, but nothing overly special car wise:

Anyway, not that this is Kozmic's fault at all, but meeting them through Kozmic gave them some credibility in my mind. Brandon (370z owner) actually seems like a decent guy, and I have no evidence of whether he is knowledgeably helping Lloyd in the scam or if he is being scammed badly himself too. I'm leaning towards the being scammed side of things, because Brandon has supposedly bought a lot of parts for his car from Lloyd's for very cheap. Except, of course those parts haven't shown up yet...

Anyway, about a month ago Brandon reached out to me with a sponsorship deal with Seibon:

Sounds too good to be true, I know. But I didn't have much time to put thought into it (work full time and got to school full time), and it was only $100. I basically just ignored it for a couple weeks. Till this:

Okay fine, I like Brandon and it's $100. I honestly didn't have time to think about the legitimacy of it, and it also seemed ridiculous to me the idea this guy was ripping me off. Like, I know him and I'd find out. So I sent him the money.

Now fast forward a couple more weeks. What happens? Llyod (the president) reaches out to me with a Brembo sponsorship!!

Of course that seems way too good to be true and shady as fuck. Also, I don't know Lloyd really at all. So I immediately ask for evidence that it's legit. Many excuses are provided for why evidence can't be provide, however I must pay now!:

I immediately turned to Brandon to ask him if this was all legit. Brandon swears to me it is. But I'm not buying it. I need evidence or it's not real. So Brandon pushes me that I'm going to miss out on it if I don't pay the $250 buy-in money. I tell him that's fine, I don't trust it so I'm not spending the money. Then this:

Okay, that's nice of him. I honestly think he may have paid Lloyd $250 on my behalf, which I feel bad for right now. Also, later found out that, according to Llyod, his house was broken into and all of Brandon's parts were stolen before Brandon ever got them. So Brandon still has not gotten parts (here's evidence he hasn't from a conversation with him right now):

Anyway, back on story: later Brandon sends me this as evidence the Brembo sponsorship is real. Notice it's a screenshot of an email:

Besides the errors in the written email, this gives me no information. It doesn't even show it coming from an @brembo email address. I do start google searching for Curtis Tripp and come up empty. I don't have much time, so I drop it. Until this morning:

I'm still not giving money for this. But I feel bad for Brandon if he is in a bind. I push him for a contract, which he finally sends me (yes I have the pdf):

It's a boring read. But besides some funny errors in the contract, notice that each page says "This is a RocketLawyer.com document." Why on earth would Brembo use a .com contract?

Alright. Time to really figure this out. I google and find the number for Brembo North America. I give them a call and explain the situation. A quick search on their end tells me that there is no "Curtis Tripp" that works at Brembo (I mean, come on Lloyd, you couldn't even have google'd and found a legitimate person who worked at Brembo???).

Next I reach out to Morgan. She immediately admits she has suspicions about it all, and puts me in contact with another reaper crew member who had suspicions about the Seibon deal. He had gotten a similar contract sent to him purportedly being from Seibon. Though, like me, he ultimately thought $100 wasn't bad and worth the gamble to see.

He reached out to Seibon this morning and found out, again, that the purported contact at Seibon (Sebastion Teague) isn't actually an employee. Further Seibon informed him they do not do any group sponsorships. I think one of the best parts of this all is that the Seibon contract is signed by a person with an "@gmail.com" email address and both signatures are from the same IP address, lol:

TLDR:
    Reaper Crew president is a scamming SOB. All the purported "sponsorships" are made up. Hopefully this helps prevent any other member from being ripped off!! Also, I really hope you aren't involved in this Brandon and just got scammed by Lloyd too.

Lastly, this is Lloyd. Such a cool dude ...

Last edited by DKevoX; 10-30-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my rules in life:

Never trust anyone that uses "boss" as a salutation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    One of my rules in life:

Never trust anyone that uses "boss" as a salutation.
    Lol, definitely a legitimate rule! I think I'll adopt it.

Turns out Lloyd didn't have control of the FB group. So someone removed his permissions and nobody has gotten kicked from the group. Definitely a dramatic afternoon. Feel bad for people who losing that money hurt a lot more than it did me. Lloyd is now trying to get everone to join a conference call so he can explain how it was two different people scamming him and he's working to get everyone their money back. LOL.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow... I could pick out that scam from like the first few texts. Especially from this lloyd feller.

It's like a tv infomercial. Lol.

Ew gross, strep throat... keep your tongue out of @Madmartigans mouth, and it should clear up though.

Does anyone know the invetweeners? Ooo special friend! Hahahahahah

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LeesEvoX; 10-24-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
    wow... I could pick out that scam from like the first few texts. Especially from this lloyd feller.

Ew gross, strep throat... keep your tongue out of @Madmartigans mouth, and it should clear up though.

It's my bum he's been eating!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post

It's my bum he's been eating!
    Oooh bumhole friend!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that this kind of "crew" nonsense is all the rage now is what's so depressing about today's "car culture".

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    The fact that this kind of "crew" nonsense is all the rage now is what's so depressing about today's "car culture".
    Indeed. Also, a crew called the "Reaper Crew" should have been another red flag from the start.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to off-topic to be hidden for a bit. Will probably move back to general. But here for now at the request of some members.

Lloyd is claiming he was scammed and none of it is his fault. He hasn't put forth any evidence to back his claim, but people want to hear him out. He's promising to return all the money and explain everything at a meet tomorrow...

I'm not going to that, I just don't have any faith in other members to actually push him and find out the truth. But I don't care. I did my best to warn them and if they want to keep sucking on the nipple after all this, it's not my responsibility.

I'm not going to that meet, who knows what the guy is capable of.
    Last edited by DKevoX; 10-26-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Moved to off-topic to be hidden for a bit. Will probably move back to general. But at the request of some members.

Lloyd is claiming he was scammed and none of it is his fault. He hasn't put forth any evidence to back his claim, but people want to hear him out. He's promising to return all the money and explain everything at a meet tomorrow. I don't have time for the drama.
    Ahh that's what they all fucking say. I wouldn't trust any "crew" around here. Houston can be a sketchy place.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as an update:

Lloyd never showed to the meet on Saturday night (no surprise). He's left the group and is clearly at fault.

The members were cracking me up. Spent the night removing their crew decals and posting photos of the cars without decals. So it made for some fun moments.

Anyway, people suck, but I met a lot of cool stand up guys through this process to so plan to still hang out with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how both Brandon and Lloyd used the term “boss” great teamwork.
    RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives /Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What benefit would a group of vehicles and owners like that bring to a company like Brembo?
    Mayhem is everywhere.

Global Moderator
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an elaborate way to make not a lot of money and be found out incredibly quickly. Effin wild man.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolz. That's all i gotta say.

I'm sorry you were taken advantage of though, man. Personally i would have never joined a 'krew'. But that's just me. I'm eccentric as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.