User Tag List

Thread: N/A Lancer - Evo ROM - DTC P0365

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N/A Lancer - Evo ROM - DTC P0365

I have a feeling that this thread will be empty, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Long story short, I'm working on a N/A Lancer converted to turbo using OEM Ralliart parts, including ECU. Other codes were solved by adding sensor or by disabling the codes on ROM.

In other markets, looks like N/A Lancers have MIVEC on both intake and exhaust intake, and the code won't be triggered once you use an Evo/Ralliart ECU with an Evo ROM. However, this car doesn't have MIVEC on exhaust camshaft at all, I mean there is no MIVEC solenoid or cam phase sensor on exhaust side.

That being said, does anyone have a clue about how to disable the DTC P0365 in this case? A head swap or modification is not an option at this time.

I've contacted some ECU experts earlier, but got no answer so far.

Regards

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only 4B11 that I have ever heard of without MIVEC on either side was out of an Outlander PHEV, and that was a weird engine. Is that what this is?

Also, since you live in Brazil, are the X's Flex-Fuel from factory down there?
    Mayhem is everywhere.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an originally naturally aspirated Lancer with 5 gear manual transmission and front wheel drive. There are also models with CVT and 4wd, but I'm not sure whether they have MIVEC on exhaust cam or not.

No flex fuel Evos from factory down here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psfp View Post
    It's an originally naturally aspirated Lancer with 5 gear manual transmission and front wheel drive. There are also models with CVT and 4wd, but I'm not sure whether they have MIVEC on exhaust cam or not.
    A friend of mine has a USDM Lancer SE (CVT, AWD). It is MIVEC both sides, AFAIK.

You might be able to go in via ETACs Decoder and turn off MIVEC. I never looked for that option, but damn near everything else is there.
    Mayhem is everywhere.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in you. It must be something specific for Brazil, even in parts catalog there isn't any part number for exhaust mivec solenoid and cam phase sensor for his VIN#, and I've checked the car personally, of course. In parts catalog the part # are available for other markets.

This specific code must be triggered by ECU itself, not ETACS, as I've copied over all engine settings from his original ECU to the new ECU using etacs decoder.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a 4J11?
    Mayhem is everywhere.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 4B11 engine.