User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mt90

  1. #1
    Senior Member alejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mt90

    Should I expect more noise by using MT90 ?

    I was running oem fluid and had whines here and there. I switched to MT90 and the whine from the transmission is kinda annoying. I run an aftermarket final drive as well. Shifting is softer with MT90.

    Has anyone used mt90 and noticed more noise ?
    ATP GTX3576R GEN 1
    BEST ET 10.9@132

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get any noise until I installed the torque solutions tranny mount. I also run MT90 and ran it before the mount. I am guessing you also have a stiffer tranny mount?

  3. #3
    Senior Member alejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
    I didn't get any noise until I installed the torque solutions tranny mount. I also run MT90 and ran it before the mount. I am guessing you also have a stiffer tranny mount?
    Yes, torque solutions trans and motor. The noise came after 50-70 miles of driving normal on redline. The mounts are new as well. Maybe the tranny mounts settled inn or something. Im tempted to switch back to oem fluid.
    ATP GTX3576R GEN 1
    BEST ET 10.9@132

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alejo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
    I didn't get any noise until I installed the torque solutions tranny mount. I also run MT90 and ran it before the mount. I am guessing you also have a stiffer tranny mount?
    Yes, torque solutions trans and motor. The noise came after 50-70 miles of driving normal on redline. The mounts are new as well. Maybe the tranny mounts settled inn or something. Im tempted to switch back to oem fluid.
    Could be a combo of the MT90 and the mounts. Like I said, I didn't get the whine with MT90 and OEM mounts though. The motor mounts add a ton of noise as is, kinda just learned to live with it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member EVOL ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you listen to Jon Ripple at TRE the Redline Cocktail is not what we should be running. On my built trans he stressed to me NOT to run Redline. He suggested the Motul I believe. I can check when I get home if you guys care?

  6. #6
    Senior Member doom26464's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I been running mt90 for quite some time and noticed no noise.

    My trans shifts like a bag of dicks but been that way since it rolled off the lot.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

    05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

  7. #7
    Senior Member alejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    If you listen to Jon Ripple at TRE the Redline Cocktail is not what we should be running. On my built trans he stressed to me NOT to run Redline. He suggested the Motul I believe. I can check when I get home if you guys care?
    Let me know for sure.
    ATP GTX3576R GEN 1
    BEST ET 10.9@132

  8. #8
    Senior Member alejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
    I been running mt90 for quite some time and noticed no noise.

    My trans shifts like a bag of dicks but been that way since it rolled off the lot.
    I have mixed feelings now about that fluid.
    ATP GTX3576R GEN 1
    BEST ET 10.9@132

  9. #9
    Senior Member EVOL ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC5C9A9C-4C1C-4EA2-A700-B3394C89410A.jpg

    This is the left over from when WTF swapped me trans.

    Take it for what it’s worth, and if it helps let us all know please.

  10. #10
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    East Coast, somewhere
    Posts
    2,581
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Motul and it is by far the best trans oil I have used yet. OEM feels like trash compared.

  11. #11
    Senior Member doom26464's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alejo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doom26464 View Post
    I been running mt90 for quite some time and noticed no noise.

    My trans shifts like a bag of dicks but been that way since it rolled off the lot.
    I have mixed feelings now about that fluid.
    Lol my point is the 5 speed GSR trans is a terrible shifting trans no matter what fluid you use it seems.

    After driving a 6 speed Sti at a track day such a nicer trans to drive over ours.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

    05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

  12. #12
    Member Legoctf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been running the cocktail since my car was new, every 15k changes . Currently at 48k and its never given me an issue. I personally think it shifts fine, and was a noticeable improvement over the stock fluid when I made the change. Only "issue" I have really had is when I used to DD the car and it was cold in the winter it was like shifting super thick cake batter.

    That being said, I am always on the look out for a better solution, even if I never get to drive the car anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •