User Tag List

Thread: How to prevent rust on exhaust pipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to prevent rust on exhaust pipes

I want to sell some of my stock exhaust pieces. But they're pretty well coated in rust. I was thinking about sand blasting them, but after that they're just gonna rust again. But they'll look nice for selling.
    Is this a bad idea? Is there something I can use to coat the exhaust pipes to prevent rust for the buyer? I'm talking about the Manifold and downpipe, so they're gonna get seriously hot.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant do anything with the pipes on the car. you could theoretically do a ceramic coating on them. the problem is the alloy used in those pipes.
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could paint them with rustoleum once you have all the rust off. I wouldn't bother with the effort. Someone buying those pipes is buying them to return the car to stock to sell it, they won't care. I doubt it'll make any difference in the amount you can get for the pipes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk