User Tag List

Thread: Evo x CW rexspeed hood scoop

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evo x CW rexspeed hood scoop

My stock naca duct is paint chipped to all hell and im looking for a replacement.

I know rexspeed parts have always been hit or miss for fitment for me. Anyone have this part and can tell me how fitment is?
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought two, about to buy a third. (the second one, it was worth my time saved to just buy a new one than to spend my time/elbow grease to fix the fading clear coat - I just sold mine for some ralliart owner because the clear coat faded again when my car was sitting from transmission issues)

They're just fine for the price imo. Price jump for JDM is too high for such a small piece. And I've heard the worst QC on C-West out of all the JDM brands. I'm just going to buy a rexpeed, probably look into some cheap and easy ways to add more clear-coat (though my car runs now and gets to stay in the garage) and throw one on again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the sun fades the clear coat?

I have rexspeed carbon fiber fog deletes and they been on there for 3 years and still look like new. So assuming the hood scoop is made the same way.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but my car sat for months at a time in Texas heat. If your deletes are fine after 3 years, I doubt you'd have a problem either.

And it was easy to sell off the scoop to some facebook dude-bro for like ~$75 who's willing to put the elbow grease into fixing it.

But this thread did remind me to check, as I had just sold my scoop this past friday - the shipping cost sucks. Checked ebay and I found this one for $150 free shipping. I bet they're all the same chinese manufacturer or at least made from the same chinese mold. Might look into applying an extra layer of clear coat myself before throwing it on, but looks like a win for $150 to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...749.l2649#rwid

From a US location too. I'll report back when I get it.

I've warmed up to buying JDM body parts lately, but I still can't get over their prices on the small stuff.

The old evoxforum thread on CWest
    http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57353

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
    Yeah, but my car sat for months at a time in Texas heat. If your deletes are fine after 3 years, I doubt you'd have a problem either.

And it was easy to sell off the scoop to some facebook dude-bro for like ~$75 who's willing to put the elbow grease into fixing it.

But this thread did remind me to check, as I had just sold my scoop this past friday - the shipping cost sucks. Checked ebay and I found this one for $150 free shipping. I bet they're all the same chinese manufacturer or at least made from the same chinese mold. Might look into applying an extra layer of clear coat myself before throwing it on, but looks like a win for $150 to me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...749.l2649#rwid

From a US location too. I'll report back when I get it.

I've warmed up to buying JDM body parts lately, but I still can't get over their prices on the small stuff.

The old evoxforum thread on CWest
    http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57353
    Hrmmm little nervous on the ebay parts. Its the same price as a rexspeed vent too(there a vendor on EvoM and can get memeber pricing).

Either way if you grab the ebay part let me know how it fits!
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ @doom26464 I have one for sale

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)