User Tag List

Thread: SSP EvoX 2 Piece Aluminum Undertray Vs WTF EVO X UNDERTRAY - 2-PIECE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face SSP EvoX 2 Piece Aluminum Undertray Vs WTF EVO X UNDERTRAY - 2-PIECE

Hi peepz, I’m looking for a new undertray as my current OEM one was stolen from the garage where I last left my car. I’m sure the OEM one is good but I prefer a aftermarket undertray as they look more neater & easier to install, take off maintaining wise etc.

I like to hear your views on or are there any other different undertrays options & if they are compatible with the Varis bodykits???

Thanks
    Ish

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope WTF is aluminum.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSP is aluminum and WTF is plastic. I've had both and honestly I don't think you need the extra weight of the SSP tray. The plastic does just fine.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
    SSP is aluminum and WTF is plastic. I've had both and honestly I don't think you need the extra weight of the SSP tray. The plastic does just fine.
    Durability on alloy. Plastic is light. Even Ssp is heavy it will not cost you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right I meant the extra weight isn't necessarily needed in this case for durability sake. Unless you plan on off roading in your Evo. Even the ssp tray isn't going to offer any more protection realistically.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you guys reckon I should go with the WTF undertray then???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever ur hearts tell you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I don’t wana use feelings I wanna know which is better??? Hasn’t anybody on here got any dealings with one or the other for a bit more info???

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had both.
    SSP is more solid but weights the most, probably a good 10+lbs more then the stock one.
    WTF is a bit more flappy then SSP but still more solid then OEM. Also heavier then OEM by like 5lbs.
    Both have basically the same desing aside from the WTF having the opening for the Tcase vent, which I don’t believe does much because it doesn’t have a air guide, just a hole.

I like the OEM better then both.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSP EvoX 2 Piece Aluminum Undertray Vs WTF EVO X UNDERTRAY - 2-PIECE

I am still a huge fan of the JUN undertray. Made of FRP but much more solid than OEM. Extremely lightweight. Has vents for the tcase and brake guides.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    I am still a huge fan of the JUN undertray. Made of FRP but much more solid than OEM. Extremely lightweight. Has vents for the tcase and brake guides.
    I like the JUN as well but I can’t imagine that surviving a road debri hit..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys might just looking the Jun undertray. Mad what are you running underneath yours bud???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go Ssp for it is alloy even it's heavier.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the WTF for sure. Has taken a couple of hits from road debris and is still a good fit. The ease of it is great for those of us that can’t keep the car running for more than a couple of months at a time. Light and rigid. Takes debris like a champ.

I don’t know about floppy per say now that it is installed correctly.

Reminds me, I need to start the Evo then maintenance. I forget about that with it down.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSP EvoX 2 Piece Aluminum Undertray Vs WTF EVO X UNDERTRAY - 2-PIECE

I have the JUN. 100% love it. Very sturdy and aerodynamic. Now if you ran over a brick or something yeah, you would probably damage it, but it would survive tire tread, and I have bottomed out mine a few times leaving only minor scratches.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a poll thread OP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screenshot_20180619-214524~2.jpg

This alloy too and I think cheaper than SSP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    & how do I start that??? It will have to done later as I’m at work now.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything that uses screws is better than OEM body clips. ANYBODY who has dealt with a lot of Mitsubishi undertrays can tell you how much the body clips suck and get jammed up with dirt and pebbles unless the car is never actually driven. Every time you pull one off a street car, you might as well plan on replacing at least 2-3 of the clips. Time spent to remove is cut in half (at least) if you use power tools with an SSP or WTF undertray.

I can easily state that our hardware is superior to the SSP stuff overall and holds up well to corrosion as we use OEM hardware (Hyundai) for the 18+6 mounting bolts. I have run both long-term on my personal vehicles.

We intentionally set out to improve on several aspects of the SSP undertray that haven't been touched on in this thread. Weight (7 lb vs 14 lb), price, oil change cover fasteners (theirs inevitably fail and fall apart).

To add a bit of stiffness to ours, you can drill an additional hole and add a u-clip to the roll stopper cross mount. This helps a TON and we're looking to make this an official revision soon.

I've yet to have anybody legitimately break one out of 100+ units now. We've had 2 warranty claims since we started selling them. One was right after installation and must have been due to shipping damage or installation error. The second still hasn't returned the unit or provided photos of the damage so I think he realizes he snagged something which ripped it from the mounting holes.

Our design has changed 4 or 5 times since we introduced it. We're looking to constantly improve our products. I don't think the same can be said of the competition.
    Last edited by UT_EvoX; 06-21-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    350 WHP WW Flex Fuel 2014 Evo X MR | 600 WHP OB 2008 Evo X GSR

Evo X Builder & Tuner since 2009 - Boosted Mitsubishis since 2005 | Buy fuel kits, flex fuel setups, or order an e-tune online: http://www.wtftuned.com/

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WTFTuned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok UT_EvoX, how soon to your revised one comes out & do you ship to the UK??? Also maybe a good idea to add some vents for cold air to come in & hot air escapes? You ever thought of having the undertray running further down the car about 2/3 just pass the centre???