User Tag List

Thread: Boost Gauge Reading Wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boost Gauge Reading Wrong

I have been having trouble with my boost gauge. I can't recall it ever reading reliably since Buschur's installed it. Well, definitely not since I started really watching it closely. It read +11 psi with the engine off. I pulled the hose going to the sensor and reattached it and then it read +4 psi. It was reading +22 psi while cruising where it should have read vacuum and it just bounces around all over. It's an AEM gauge and my AEM AFR Gauge shares the power and ground with it and it reads correctly.
    I was thinking about getting a new sensor, but they're $70. Any insights or thoughts on this. I'm on an Evo X EFR 8374 integrated BOV. Buschur did the install, also I'm still learning all this stuff so I'm not certain where to describe where it's T'd into. I can get pics.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealkeller View Post
    I have been having trouble with my boost gauge. I can't recall it ever reading reliably since Buschur's installed it. Well, definitely not since I started really watching it closely. It read +11 psi with the engine off. I pulled the hose going to the sensor and reattached it and then it read +4 psi. It was reading +22 psi while cruising where it should have read vacuum and it just bounces around all over. It's an AEM gauge and my AEM AFR Gauge shares the power and ground with it and it reads correctly.
    I was thinking about getting a new sensor, but they're $70. Any insights or thoughts on this. I'm on an Evo X EFR 8374 integrated BOV. Buschur did the install, also I'm still learning all this stuff so I'm not certain where to describe where it's T'd into. I can get pics.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Ask Buschur since he installed it. Looked like those hose plugged.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened to my boost gauge.

It ended up being the sensor. I have a prosport evo gauge, and when I called them they apparently had a new revised one..... which was waterproof LOL!

As soon as I switched it out it read perfectly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cheap glowshift boost guage since 2009. The reading is very close to the tuner's reading during Dyno. I wonder why an aem sensor will crap vs a cheap one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
    I have a cheap glowshift boost guage since 2009. The reading is very close to the tuner's reading during Dyno. I wonder why an aem sensor will crap vs a cheap one.
    I installed a brand new aem x-series oil pressure and it came with a bad sensor straight outta the box ! just saying
    ATP GTX3576R
    BEST ET 11.02
    BEST TRAP 128.35

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alejo View Post
    I installed a brand new aem x-series oil pressure and it came with a bad sensor straight outta the box ! just saying
    Wow really AEM is a brand they should check their quality control. My AFR is AEM too but my Boost and ST temp is cheap one...Glowshift.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow really AEM is a brand they should check their quality control. My AFR is AEM too but my Boost and ST temp is cheap one...Glowshift.
    My other gauge is the AEM Fail Safe, everything came working perfect ! but this X-series failed !
    ATP GTX3576R
    BEST ET 11.02
    BEST TRAP 128.35

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an FYI, AEM sensors are not engineered or produced by AEM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Have you replaced any gauge sensors ? assuming you are using AEM. Do you know any comparable brands for replacing this type of sensors ?

Thanks,
    ATP GTX3576R
    BEST ET 11.02
    BEST TRAP 128.35

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you replaced any gauge sensors ? assuming you are using AEM. Do you know any comparable brands for replacing this type of sensors ?

Thanks,
    The stainless steel sensors appear to be kalvico sensors. I use AEM harnesses on most of my kalvico sensors.

Really, as long as you find sensors that have the same 0-5v output, you can use them with AEM hardware

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...l-psig-sensors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,
    The stainless steel sensors appear to be kalvico sensors. I use AEM harnesses on most of my kalvico sensors.

Really, as long as you find sensors that have the same 0-5v output, you can use them with AEM hardware

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...l-psig-sensors
    Good deal , Thank you Sir
    ATP GTX3576R
    BEST ET 11.02
    BEST TRAP 128.35