User Tag List

Thread: 2.2L EFR8374 93 oct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.2L EFR8374 93 oct.

I also dyno'd it on Buschurs Mustang dyno and it made 540 at 7700 RPMs. Don't want to rev it past 8K for now as it's a new build.
    Finally got my build done and running right. Took the better part of a year, about 9 months to get everything taken care of to my satisfaction. Went to Buschur Racing for engine build, turbo, transmission and transfer case assembly. Then went to CBRD for tuning with Tephra V3 map switching. Chad at CBRD set me up with 3 tunes one at 29 PSI shown on the dyno sheet, one at 25 PSI making 500 HP and one with low boost making 350 HP. Right now it's running pretty good, have the redline set for 8100 RPMs. I will probably have it raised to 8500 at some point. But for now I'm happy to be able to rev it out to 8K. Car's running good, spools up really nice for the size of the turbo. Tune is pretty solid, no knocking.
    Next on the agenda I'm gonna mod my intake for airflow straight through the MAF and install a larger filter. I'm also looking into a way to prevent the Silicone coupler from collapsing under boost. I haven't seen it collapse, but I want to prevent it. I have had a couple instances where I lost power going up a hill under load. I thought I may have been running lean due to the fact I only had 1/4 tank of gas so I let off immediately to be safe. But it could be the that coupler blocking airflow. I'm not going to run under 1/2 tank from now on to be safe.
    Also my custom Ortiz Gauge pods finally shipped after like 2 1/2 months of waiting. So I'm gonna install an AEM oil Pressure Gauge with an STM remote oil pressure sensor adapter. And I also have a speed sensor on my EFR and the Full Race Gauge that goes with it that can monitor turbine speeds and boost. I'm gonna move my other two gauges, the AFR and boost gauges over to where I can see them better. I also want to get a rear sway bar upgrade, pads and rotors. I might do the front sway bar too, just not any time soon unless the rear sway bar doesn't help. A front lip, headlights, canards and maybe a rear spoiler are in the future eventually.
    I do want to go to Ethanol at some point, but The closest gas station that sells it is 2 hours away. I thought about getting barrels of E98, but it's just too expensive at the rate I go through fuel once shipping is factored in.
    I also wanted to thank all the people who've helped me over the past few years on the forums. Everything I've learned has been on here and I couldn't have come this far without the assistance of the community.

Buschur Racing 2.2L BAMF 4B11 Stroker
    Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods with ARP 2000 bolts
    Manley Forged and Coated Pistons 9:1 CR
    Darton Iron Ductile Sleeves
    ACL Bearings and Total Seal Piston Rings
    Manley 94mm Stroker Crank
    AMS TMP Cams
    BR Double Pumper Fuel System
    FIC 1650cc Injectors
    BR Port and Polish Race Head with BR Double Stainless Springs and Ti Retainers, Supertech ss intake +1mm valves, Supertech inconel exhaust +1mm valves, ARP Head Studs
    Borg Warner EFR 8374 1.05 AR Twin Scroll Turbo, Turbine Coated
    Dual Tial MVS 38mm Waste Gates
    Full Race Coated Externally Gated Exhaust Manifold
    Full Race Coated Downpipe
    Dual Atmospheric Dump Pipes
    Full Race 3.5 in Intake
    Ported Intake Manifold
    Dual Radium Catch Cans
    CBRD 3.5 in. Intercooler
    ETS UICP, Depo LICP
    Aluminum Valve Cover
    Exedy Twin Plate HD Clutch
    Jacks Ultimate Final Drive 5 Speed Trans
    Jacks Stage 3 Transfer Case

Other Mods:
    TWM Full Replacement Shifter Cage, Short Throw Shifter, Shifter Ball Replacement and Cable Bushings
    Enkei RPF1 Wheels
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport II's
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps
    Rexpeed CF Fog Light Ducts
    AEM Boost and Wide Band o2 Gauges
    Íhlins Road and Track Coilovers

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cerealkeller; 04-28-2018 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, enjoy her! I run a 2.2L and 8374, love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice build, any plans to tune it on e85?
    2.2L Manley + GTX3076R
    GSC S2 + Beehives
    Tomei downpipe
    AFI manifold
    ETS 4" FMIC
    MAP rev2 3.5" intake
    CompClutch Stage3
    Ultra Lightweight Flywheel
    FIC + Radium + Turbosmart + GFB
    XT206R + KW v3 + Bluestuff + Whiteline
    Varis wide body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've been putting some serious thought into an E85 or a Flex Fuel setup. I'm already good for injectors and pump, so it's just a tune and maybe a few other things. I don't know entirely what's involved so I'll have to do some research and talk to my tuner. My main problem is the closest E85 station is 2 hrs away. So I've been considering buying a couple barrels and just making trips once every couple months to replenish my supply. Or maybe going nuts and getting a 200-300 gallon tank with a pump and nozzle. I contacted a fuel delivery service in my area that I know sells Race fuels, but haven't heard back yet. This was 2 days ago, so I'm gonna be patient for now. It's not my daily driver so I don't need a ton of fuel, but it is VERY thirsty. I blew through half a tank today running about 120 miles or so, but I did take the twistiest roads and drove her pretty hard most of the way there but went mostly easy on the way back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! I'm impressed by how low down you still build full torque! She must be a blast to drive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great looking tq curve and spool, she would be a monster on e85.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what gear is that dyno run in?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont feel bad. I get like 8mpg on E85 if I keep my foot out of it lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk