User Tag List

Thread: Final Numbers???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final Numbers???

I never post for a long time. Life sucks and decided to be silent. I still have my car but I never use it, maybe twice a month. It will be tune this Friday. Cobb shops are gone since Cobb was bought by Autometer and Autometer decided not to have shops anymore. It will be tune by the same shops but they changed their name. My 2010 tune was very reliable and I dont any problems with it.

2008 Baseline 94 oct
    236hp/249tq

2010 Tune with ams hfc, gutted stock exhaust, uicp, perrin turbo inlet, k and n drop in filter.
    312hp/334tq

Now plus with manzo catback, change to 100cell hfc, cobb intake and cobb 3 port.

340/350 maybe Texas weather is cold right now in the 60's.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cobb is gone??

And on what type of dyno?

To give an idea, here is my car with a custom tune and full bolt ons (no cat).

AMS Dynojet (358whp/350wtq):

vs Mustang Dyno on the next day (315whp/320wtq):

p.s. welcome back man. I too was silent on the forums for a bit but it's good to be back.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Cobb is gone??

And on what type of dyno?

To give an idea, here is my car with a custom tune and full bolt ons (no cat).

AMS Dynojet (358whp/350wtq):

vs Mustang Dyno on the next day (315whp/320wtq):

p.s. welcome back man. I too was silent on the forums for a bit but it's good to be back.
    Cobb is still there but no tuning shops. Mustang dyno the same as before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see any power graph's from dynojet and I think whp from that dyno close to Crank hp... All stock with no catalytic neutralizator and 3port solenoid easily can make around 330/320 mustang whlTq and whp. Thats around 370ftlbs Tq 360hp on crank. Same config with ID1000 make ~7% higher power.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main “problem” with the Mustang’s is that you cannot compare their numbers to anything else even to another Mustang. Dynojet on the other hand are very consistent even in different locations.
    I’ve tested 3 different Dynojets (all different models) and the numbers where all within 2% or so from each other.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His dynojet numbers match mine and i have full boltons, no cat, on 93. I think my max HP was actually 311, but it was also balls hot mid summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
    Cobb shops are gone since Cobb was bought by Autometer and Autometer decided not to have shops anymore.
    Oh wow. I was wondering what happened and Cobb Plano became Growler Performance.

When Calvin was still at Plano, he tuned it and I made 318/330 with bolt ons and 93 about this time of year 4 years ago. Just for reference.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The car will be done in 3 hours. I got two problems...suddenly Cobb phase out the V2 Aport so I have to get the new V3 Access Port which is fine. Now the exhaust... the right side has no flow, The left exhaust tip is dark and the right is clean as fuck. The sensor did not even register a number on the right exhaust tip. They have a Cobb exhaust used for display purposes and they gave it to me for $600 which is cheap as it is actually brand new.
    Last edited by ak47; 03-29-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rico05 View Post
    Cobb shops are gone since Cobb was bought by Autometer and Autometer decided not to have shops anymore.
    Oh wow. I was wondering what happened and Cobb Plano became Growler Performance.

When Calvin was still at Plano, he tuned it and I made 318/330 with bolt ons and 93 about this time of year 4 years ago. Just for reference.
    Calvin is Tuning right now as Dotson Tuning. Not sure if he owns a shop maybe he just tune. He has a facebook.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    314hp/348tq at 27psi. I'm not disappointed and it's hard to compare a 2010 tune to 2018 tune. The fuel pump is working hard and they say I need to change it. I will just wait and do e85 and I will add injector and intercooler later this month. It drives really good and zero knock at all. The Cobb exhaust is really nice quite in cabin and no drone but nice on the outside. Any suggestion on fuel pump?
    Last edited by ak47; 03-30-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's using the Orange fuel pump relay? I think mine is Blue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any suggestion on fuel pump?
    I believe most folk on here run Walbro 450lph, myself included. Kozmic makes an install kit too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already got the aem 320 fuel pump and needs to install. I will have a fmic since texas is hot. It will have touch tune again for free.
    http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-evo-x-4...lution-10.html.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump assembly. Yay I already have the parts, I thought they made a mistake is shipping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend the WTF kit:
    https://www.wtftuned.com/products/ev...el-filter-line

Or the Radium kit so you have more headroom
    http://www.radiumauto.com/Fuel-Feed-...O-X-P1020.aspx

I have run both. The WTF filter is about a 20 minute install, and the radium is a little more involved. And you really want a 450.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd hold off on that 40u fuel filter.....TJ is working on a 10u as we speak.

That really goes for anyone reading, regardless of brand. I run 100% E85 here in Georgia and had a very close call after a WOT pull. Long behold, my ID1300's had quite a bit of debris. This was confirmed via ID.

Maybe its the quality of E85 here in Georgia?

I saw ID offering their 10u filter for $$, but someone recently posted their filter clogged up pretty fast on them as well. Damned if you do, damned if you dont...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    326hp/352tq with the new aem Fuel pump and depo fmic. So I have 4 inches fmic because the 3.5 is not available. Some says 4 inches is too big for stock turbo and can cause turbo lag , I don't feel any lag vs stock fmic But I'm not sure if the dyno sheet shows any.

KIMG2909 (1).jpg
    Last edited by ak47; 05-18-2018 at 05:37 PM.