User Tag List

Thread: Front Sway Bar Question

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Sway Bar Question

Is there a negative to running different brand sway bars front and rear if they are both the same size?

I currently have a Whiteline rear sway bar and was going to go with a Whiteline front sway but then I saw a pretty good deal on a SuperPro. Both are 27mm solid, so wasn’t sure if it would matter or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesnt matter.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, they would be pretty well-matched.

I would screw all of that and get Hotchkis instead, though. For both bars. We run Whiteline stuff of course for some things, but the 32 mm tubular bars from Hotchkis are really the way to go.

Hit me up if you want to price a set out. The Hotchkis rear end links are also vastly superior to Whiteline's.
    350 WHP WW Flex Fuel 2014 Evo X MR | 600 WHP OB 2008 Evo X GSR

Evo X Builder & Tuner since 2009 - Boosted Mitsubishis since 2005 | Buy fuel kits, flex fuel setups, or order an e-tune online: http://www.wtftuned.com/

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WTFTuned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also would ditch the whiteline bar and change to hotchkis. thats what i did. i had alot of issues issues with my whiteline front bar. I assume they have designed them better by now but you used to have to install a clamp for anti walking and i always broke them off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the kiss. I run them front and rear. From what i've researched, they're an equivalent stiffness, but the hotchkiss is lighter due to it being hollow. I think i weighed my front bar when i swapped it out and the hotchkiss was like 7 lbs lighter than the stock bar. Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HispanicPanic View Post
    +1 for the kiss. I run them front and rear. From what i've researched, they're an equivalent stiffness, but the hotchkiss is lighter due to it being hollow. I think i weighed my front bar when i swapped it out and the hotchkiss was like 7 lbs lighter than the stock bar. Or something.
    Are stock bars not hollow?

Id like to see hard data on hotchkiss bars vrs stock weight.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure stock bars are solid? They're like 23mm i believe. It's been forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.