User Tag List

Thread: My dealership decided to race, and crash, my brand new F80 M3 4 days after delivery

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dealership decided to race, and crash, my brand new F80 M3 4 days after delivery

Exactly as the title says.

Ordered in September after getting rid of the evo. Received early last month. I drove it quite a bit for 4 days straight, but warry of the official "break in" by not redlining it or beating the piss out of it, mostly half throttle stuff and cruising in joy. Dropped it off back at the dealer to get my tint & clear bra installed (as part of the price of the sale). The night prior it was flawless, we clayed, mildly fine polished it (several tiny micro scratches as expected), and sealed it. It was like glass on 4 wheels. The appointment was to be 4 hours, but it ended up taking them 9. No one will tell me why, i suspect it's because they were trying to delay their little "incident".

Morning of (before drop off, terrible pic, i have a bad phone):

I text the svc mgr several hours post-due, and he tells me they need another day.

Then i show up at 6 to grab the car, its pitch black outside, but i keep a light in my car just so i can see the clear bra job (im a detailer, i care about these things more than most). Immediately i notice this:

They didn't even mention it. The woman just handed me the keys and said "here's your new M3! BYE!"

More on that:

FUCKING WTF:

So i stick around and bitch about it, one person offers to "make it right", but i decline because I don't trust them anymore, what if theyre trying to hide things i can't notice right now? Went home, inspected it more, and found more fuckery

Looks like they went MUDDING in my car, then sprayed it down, hence the mud dripping residue below:

Rear looks like its been driven for 200 miles, or, they did donuts in a dirt parking lot:

The story keeps getting worse by the way:

I dropped off at 281 miles. I've been watching my mileage like a hawk BECAUSE im trying to get to the 1200 mile mark so i can get over with the break in period and have the oil changed (free). It ends up being at 335 miles after i get home, which is 3 miles from them by the way. Im also missing half a tank of gas, which is about ~8 gallons. So divide 7.5g/55mi = 7mpg = they were racing my fucking car all day long, in the dear break in period which is mandated by the paperwork (legal paper trail), then crashed it, then tried to delay, then tried to hide it from me by rushing me off the lot, i.e. "BYE".

So they have an "investigation", which the manager says "revealed not much". They state they did "not take the mileage when you dropped off the car", and that "we don't think it was us". Those are recorded.

I will not reveal what resulted from this because it's still pending.

Yeah the last few weeks have been fucking stupid. What price bracket does it take to not have your car fucked with? Like i could understand if this were a ford dealer, and they hired a 19 year old "tech" to chauffeur their cars around, but a BMW dealer selling $80,000 M3s and $100,000 M5s left and right? How lacking in dopamine are the drivers? Who do they hire?? Do i need to basically get a Koenigsegg to ensure no one fucks with my car? Rant off.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% normal.

Happens more often then not. The dealership world is a breading ground for the stupid. Its a place that most position require no education(while offering reasonable pay). Combined with multiple miss managed departments all trying to work together.

Mix it all together and shit like this happens alot.

Working at a dealership for over a decade you see alot of fuckery lol.....I have tons of good stories but would need to sit down at a keyboard for that lol.
    Last edited by doom26464; 02-05-2018 at 06:41 PM.
    12 GSR-GTX3576R
    Chet Rickerman tuned
    490whp 405wtq

05 SRT-4- Project "turbo skittle"
    Needless torque tuned

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ.................

shame there was no dashcam, but still sounds like more than enough to pin them down about it

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fucked up man. They owe you a lot whatever it might be.
    WTF 2.0 in Progress

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to open/create a malicious damage police report IMMEDIATELY.
    AND notify your insurance company.
    Find another BMW dealer that can document the max RPM the engine has seen so far and include that as damage in the above reports.

If hte offending shop/dealership doesn't cop to the damages up front, I suspect it will be a long, drawn out legal battle. With the end goal resulting in you getting a new vehicle.
    That hair, that hair, it smells of waving wheat fields and endless fir forests. But mostly collusion. Lots and lots of collusion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some major bullshit..

@pistolpete69916 mind PMing me the dealer? I've got a family member with a heavily modified M6 in the Denver area - would prefer to make sure they avoid this dealer.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
    You need to open/create a malicious damage police report IMMEDIATELY.
    AND notify your insurance company.
    Find another BMW dealer that can document the max RPM the engine has seen so far and include that as damage in the above reports.

If hte offending shop/dealership doesn't cop to the damages up front, I suspect it will be a long, drawn out legal battle. With the end goal resulting in you getting a new vehicle.
    Oh, they did, it's sort of "finished" right now but one thing is still pending. I didn't want to post this until i got the car back into my possession . They refuse to admit anything though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck trying to get them to fix the shit. I would demand a brand new car. Call Corporate and open an investigation and claim. Kick the service manager in the dick with steel toes when all said and done.

I used to do a video walk around of my car and show pics of odometer when dropping the car off to new places. Well, places that are new to me that is. Sorry this happen to you and good on you for not getting locked up for beating some ass.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kento240 View Post
    Fuck trying to get them to fix the shit. I would demand a brand new car. Call Corporate and open an investigation and claim. Kick the service manager in the dick with steel toes when all said and done.

I used to do a video walk around of my car and show pics of odometer when dropping the car off to new places. Well, places that are new to me that is. Sorry this happen to you and good on you for not getting locked up for beating some ass.
    Well, it's said and done anyways.

MSRP was 75,000. The damage was at best $2000, i looked up P/Ns myself, and know where, and who exactly it was, painted by. With transfer of ownership to me, the car is also worth $5,000 less immediately (to them), aka "used", so maybe $68,000 on a very good day. So thats $7000 they would have to make up for on a $2000 mistake if they kept it and sold it. You really think they would hand me another $75,000 of car ontop of them losing $7,000? They would also be legally required to report the incident to the NEXT consumer they sell it to, because selling a car as "having never been repaired" opens them up to suit / legal issues - which would further drive up the price they'd have to make up EVEN if they marked this up like crazy. Through your argument, they'd be out $10,000+ on a $2,000 mistake. No dealer is going to do that, and corporate will not because of the following:

Corporate and dealers are not the same thing, they're not even legally tied to eachother. Corporate gets involved in major disasters after the dealer does something so bad that it hurts their international public image, like if a tech totals it, and it ends up on the front page of Autoblog and runs the pages for months and months. Those are the cases where someone gets a new car altogether. This is not one of them.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had something slightly similar to this happen to me years ago when I was picking up a new Golf R. This dealer had one white one, I wanted a white one. I went and checked the car out, it was on a upper level of their parking/storage building. The car was 100%, totally new and perfect.

Went through all the paper work, etc. Was waiting in customer lounge for them to grab the car and deliver it to me so I could drive it home. Up until this moment, the process took about three hours so it was already about 7pm and dark outside.

I hear a car go WOT on the street outside the dealership.. I thought to myself, wtf is that my car? Nah, couldn't be, there would be no reason to use that road to deliver me the car. Ten minutes later car pulls around outside, I go out with the salesman that I worked the deal with. I do a quick once around on the car, remember it's dark and for some reason the salesman was in a "hurry" all of a sudden. I come back around to the front bumper and the whole side of it has a black smear and scratches all over it. Remember, I looked over this car head to toe earlier in the day and it was pristine.

I say "what the hell is this?" and the salesman has the balls to say "Oh you didn't notice that when you saw the car earlier? Why do you think we gave you such a great deal?"

I almost body slammed the dude on the spot. I told him basically go fuck himself and no sale. I want another car. I said I'm not leaving with that car and I want a document written up that there is damage pre delivery and I am going to leave right after I sign it.

Ended up being a month long drama with the manager to get another car. Mind you I had a written sales doc the whole month and had payed a downpayment and ALMOST ended up paying one months worth of payment.

Fuck dealerships.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so horrible. With how the car was obviously driven during break in I would be after them for a new car. They won't want to give you another car for financial reasons, but don't let their problems become your problems. Get a lawyer.
    Johnny "If it's not broken I haven't driven it" O
    2015 Titanium Grey Final Edition CA0100 - GARAGE QUEEN
    2014 Phantom Black GSR w/Handling - SOLD

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update @pistolpete69916

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BulliesAndBoost View Post
    Any update @pistolpete69916
    Oh it's been fixed for a week now. Im taking it in tomorrow to get the break in oil change.

I chose what paint shop this went to, so it turned out pretty good.

As for any sort of latent / pending "issue" that comes up later, i'm prepared for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, that sucks. Only issue I had like this was when I brought my car to a shop for tire change and alignment. Only thing I got was new tires, 100 miles and a shitty alignment put on the car. Hope nothing was damaged because of them driving it hard internally.

Beautiful M3! Love that color, I switched over to BMW myself. Although now I'm on the fence between an M3 and a ATS-V

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, way for them to ruin the new car experience for you. I'm sorry man! That's some BULLSHIT.

Glad it's all fixed though. Realistically the car is exactly the same. Driving hard during break in might actually have done you some good. I wouldn't be concerned about long term issues.

Beautiful car man! Hope you love it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Jesus, way for them to ruin the new car experience for you. I'm sorry man! That's some BULLSHIT.

Glad it's all fixed though. Realistically the car is exactly the same. Driving hard during break in might actually have done you some good. I wouldn't be concerned about long term issues.

Beautiful car man! Hope you love it.
    Car is great really. Im not regretting the lack of go-kart feel the evo had one bit anymore, simply because it's actually too fast and skiddish to have realistic careless fun versus not getting caught kind of mid/top power power. In a bolton evo you can romp through gears and around corners on the streets without having to worry about a 6-12 point ticket, simply because you can do 90% of that at under 80mph. In this, basically if you do a pull from a highway speed youre at well past 115mph before you know it, it doesnt even require effort. So high speed runs and being obnoxious on the highway are my new thing.

Not a fan of the startup sound, its indeed sort of.. jap-turbo car sounding. But i love it once its warmed up, i think it sounds amazing. Not sure why everyone in the bimmer community was expecting it to sound like a ferarri (way too many idealists in that community omg).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this fuckary, lol. The modern era, where the minimum expectation (that a job was done right and you do right by the customer) becomes above and beyond VIP service. I don't think it is too much to ask that they tint ur windows and not crash ur car. If they do crash...a new car...they should eat the cost and replace it.

Man, I once had an engine spin a rod on my wife's cheap ass N/A Subaru Impreza with 75k miles on the clock after they serviced it. Got the dealer to put a new block in for free after going toe to toe with their managers.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
    2010 GG Evo X

Power:
    AMS Down-pipe, MAP Resonated TP, UR Dual Exhaust, ETS Intake, Grimspeed 3 Port, Synapse DV, AMS Inter-cooler, MAP UICP and
    Tuned by Chet using EcuFlash
    Interior:
    AEM Boost and Wideband Gauges
    Suspension & Handling:
    Ohlin R&T Coilovers w/ 10k/10k springs

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    What is this fuckary, lol. The modern era, where the minimum expectation (that a job was done right and you do right by the customer) becomes above and beyond VIP service. I don't think it is too much to ask that they tint ur windows and not crash ur car. If they do crash...a new car...they should eat the cost and replace it.

Man, I once had an engine spin a rod on my wife's cheap ass N/A Subaru Impreza with 75k miles on the clock after they serviced it. Got the dealer to put a new block in for free after going toe to toe with their managers.

IKR

I still cant wrap my head around the modern issue of the car world between "I did my job", which means you met the bare minimum of what is expected via contract & norms versus "I tried to do my job, but its not my fault, its everyone else' fault and i dont get paid enough, the world owes me". The ladder thinks they went beyond what is expected (they didnt, they only went bare minimum). The former thinks their job is unfair. I hate this culture of "good enough to pay the bills". Fucking work at a tech company if thats your mindset.

Work ethic in the car world is non-existent. Also, the clear bra job has turned out to be a fucking shit show already. Plastered throughout their FB and Yelp account (im speaking of a contracted shop) are vague (past 5 feet) glory pics of Ferraris and Audis and so on.. and here i am with FUCKING RAZOR SLASHES on my hood. A "friend" who who works at a paintless dent repair told me "its standard". Apparently it's standard to leave razor slashes into a brand new $75,000 car.

Im fucking done. About to open a detail & clear shop myself, just purely out of principle, i dont even care about the money.

1.jpg
    Last edited by pistolpete69916; 03-08-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This happened at a BMW dealer in Calgary around 2013, guy left knife marks thru the paint to the metal. At least one customer sued and his brand new BMW had to be repainted.

For others, if you don't know & trust who is doing it, try to insist on a CNC cut kit as it reduces the chance of someone cutting it with a knife on your paint.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, what a simple bastard you must be if cutting a clear bra like that is the correct way. I wonder if people that are this careless with other people's property are as careless with their own.

I try to imagine how people like that live in their own home. They probably poop next to the toilet and leave it, and so on since it is "normal" for them and they can't understand why you would be mad about something like this.

2010 GG Evo X

Power:
    AMS Down-pipe, MAP Resonated TP, UR Dual Exhaust, ETS Intake, Grimspeed 3 Port, Synapse DV, AMS Inter-cooler, MAP UICP and
    Tuned by Chet using EcuFlash
    Interior:
    AEM Boost and Wideband Gauges
    Suspension & Handling:
    Ohlin R&T Coilovers w/ 10k/10k springs