User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 166

Thread: Athanasios EFR 9174 2009 SST build

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I was going a trip off town. I was cruising at 60 mph and sudenly the engine switched off. It never fired up since then.
    It fires but does not maintain idle and the gas pedal does nothing.
    Very strange thing.
    The pump seams to work, the fuses are fine and there is no CEL light on.
    Any ideas???

  2. #52
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    East Coast, somewhere
    Posts
    2,568
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your fuel pressure? Check your pump controller.

    Same thing happened to me when my POS Easy Performance controller took a crap. It was fun trying to find a spot to pull over safely on the hwy with zero forward power.

    My lift pump in tank was enough for the car to start but the restriction through the surge tank pump was not allowing it to stay idling, fuel pressure was around 8-10psi so I figured my main pump in the surge tank was no longer working. (because the pump controller died).

    Also check the connections on top of the radium pump hanger. They can get loose if you don't double nut them.
    Last edited by razorlab; 03-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't manage to see the fuel pressure reading, because it fires for 1 second. It reads something like 0.6 bar when off.
    I tried to power directly the second pump with 14v but still no success.
    I didn't check the connection to the hanger, but there was no fuel smell around.

    Also, I don't use fuel controllers. Only 1 pump at 8v on idle and cruise and the 2nd one chime in when at 14v.

    Thanks for the reply man...

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to start your engine with shift lever in neutral, it won't run the starter but you should be able to check the fuel pressure.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just transferred the car back home.
    We gave power to the pump directly from an other battery and it reaches 2.4 bar fuel pressure, but still it fires, stays for a few seconds at idle and shuts off.
    We did a compression test with the motor cold, checked the throttle body and bupassed the fuel pump hi low relay. Still no solution.
    Culinder no. 1 :
    20180306_140943.jpg

    2 :

    20180306_141100.jpg

    3 :

    20180306_141205.jpg

    4 :

    20180306_141305.jpg

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue here is really weird , it has air , fuel and spark, but something tells it to shut off.
    Do you guys think it could be the immobilizer???

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could have jumped a tooth, are you getting any codes?

  9. #59
    Senior Member razorlab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    East Coast, somewhere
    Posts
    2,568
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried it with MAF disconnected?

  10. #60
    Senior Member mityaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,573
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There may be some kind of delay for closed loop to kick in. So while you are running in open loop during first few seconds it's fine, but then it goes into a closed loop which it cant maintain for whatever reason

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

    2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

    Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

  11. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toothless View Post
    Could have jumped a tooth, are you getting any codes?
    There are no CEL codes. Only the gost p0219 pending fault that many running evos live with.

  12. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Have you tried it with MAF disconnected?
    Just tried with disconnected MAF and it did not fire at all.

    It pulled the following codes when I tried with the MAF disconnected

    P1590
    U0101
    P0102
    P0113

    Screenshot_20180307-202226.jpg
    But I suppose this is normal
    Last edited by athanasiosnoir; 03-07-2018 at 10:59 AM.

  13. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The element of the Fuellab fuel filter was the fault.
    Just removed it and everything ok.
    20180307_214220.jpg

    I had this filter 4 years and almost 30,000klms
    Thank you all for your input...

    20180307_223120.jpg
    Last edited by athanasiosnoir; 03-07-2018 at 12:34 PM.

  14. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg

  15. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another problem came out today
    Doing some 3rd gear WOT pulls to check for potential knock with headphones and sudenly the "service required" poped up.
    The code that I pull is P1827 Shift fork position sensor 2 system ( Output range out)
    The car drives with 2nd 4th and 6th only, no 1st 3rd 5th and no reverse.
    Probably the shift fork magnet is somewhere between the gears into pieces...
    Last edited by athanasiosnoir; 03-21-2018 at 03:15 PM.

  16. #66
    Senior Member Mnemuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,231
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Another problem came out today
    Doing some 3rd gear WOT pulls to check for potential knock with headphones and sudenly the "service required" poped up.
    The code that I pull is P1827 Shift fork position sensor 2 system ( Output range out)
    The car drives with 2nd 4th and 6th only, no 1st 3rd 5th and no reverse.
    Probably the shift fork magnet is somewhere between the gears into pieces...
    I drove 6 hours home from Mid Ohio once with just odd gears. The magnet stuck to the steel rod that moves the fork. What a stupid problem to have...
    The finger cannot point at itself.

  17. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?

  18. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    The car drives with 2nd 4th and 6th only, no 1st 3rd 5th and no reverse.
    Probably the shift fork magnet is somewhere between the gears into pieces...
    Its very strange thing. Usualy magnet of 4th gear fork make this and you have only 1-3-5-R gears.

  19. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?
    Used the 2 larger jets that I had with the kit I 've purchased, 420cc and 570cc, if I remember correctly. And the largest restrictor, 0.9mm. Do you suggest something else?

  20. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    The car drives with 2nd 4th and 6th only, no 1st 3rd 5th and no reverse.
    Probably the shift fork magnet is somewhere between the gears into pieces...
    Its very strange thing. Usualy magnet of 4th gear fork make this and you have only 1-3-5-R gears.
    Yes, you right about this. In a few days we are going to find out the root cause of this issue , since the SST is going out . When I had the Dodson magnet installed, it didn't drive with 2nd 4th and 6th. What a pity I had to open the trans again and put the stock magnet back in. Now it's the exact opossite .

  21. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    The car drives with 2nd 4th and 6th only, no 1st 3rd 5th and no reverse.
    Probably the shift fork magnet is somewhere between the gears into pieces...
    Its very strange thing. Usualy magnet of 4th gear fork make this and you have only 1-3-5-R gears.
    Yes, you right about this. In a few days we are going to find out the root cause of this issue , since the SST is going out . When I had the Dodson magnet installed, it didn't drive with 2nd 4th and 6th. What a pity I had to open the trans again and put the stock magnet back in. Now it's the exact opossite .

  22. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?
    Used the 2 larger jets that I had with the kit I 've purchased, 420cc and 570cc, if I remember correctly. And the largest restrictor, 0.9mm. Do you suggest something else?
    It's to small jets ! We use for our SST car with S366 2xlarger AEM jets( 2x1000cc). But our turbo have 87lb, yours 95lb!! Alternatively, you can drill a hole of larger diameter in the jets or buy one more jets kit and mount 2 jets more. And unmount restrictor - i think you dont need that thing...
    Last edited by 0uch.!; 03-26-2018 at 01:25 PM.

  23. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?
    Used the 2 larger jets that I had with the kit I 've purchased, 420cc and 570cc, if I remember correctly. And the largest restrictor, 0.9mm. Do you suggest something else?
    It's to small jets ! We use for our SST car with S366 2xlarger AEM jets( 2x1000cc). But our turbo have 87lbs, yours 95lbs!! Alternatively, you can drill a hole of larger diameter in the jets or buy one more jets kit and mount 2 jets more. And unmount restrictor - i think you dont need that thing...
    You are probably right that I need some more jets.
    The turbo is bigger than the one you use to the SST car but you boost it more. I am only at 2.1 bar of boost , still on the stock 3bar MAP sensor.

  24. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Moscow/Russia
    Posts
    140
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?
    Used the 2 larger jets that I had with the kit I 've purchased, 420cc and 570cc, if I remember correctly. And the largest restrictor, 0.9mm. Do you suggest something else?
    It's to small jets ! We use for our SST car with S366 2xlarger AEM jets( 2x1000cc). But our turbo have 87lbs, yours 95lbs!! Alternatively, you can drill a hole of larger diameter in the jets or buy one more jets kit and mount 2 jets more. And unmount restrictor - i think you dont need that thing...
    You are probably right that I need some more jets.
    The turbo is bigger than the one you use to the SST car but you boost it more. I am only at 2.1 bar of boost , still on the stock 3bar MAP sensor.
    I mount 1x1000cc jet to the car(s) with ~3076gtx and 2bars boost. And boost is not a main thing , main thing is an airflow by the turbo.

  25. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uch.! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasiosnoir View Post
    Problem solved , so I did the first test with 50/50 meth/water injection.
    29psi boost , 11.6 AFR, 82% IDC

    20180308_004650.jpg
    What size of meth injectors you use?
    Used the 2 larger jets that I had with the kit I 've purchased, 420cc and 570cc, if I remember correctly. And the largest restrictor, 0.9mm. Do you suggest something else?
    It's to small jets ! We use for our SST car with S366 2xlarger AEM jets( 2x1000cc). But our turbo have 87lbs, yours 95lbs!! Alternatively, you can drill a hole of larger diameter in the jets or buy one more jets kit and mount 2 jets more. And unmount restrictor - i think you dont need that thing...
    You are probably right that I need some more jets.
    The turbo is bigger than the one you use to the SST car but you boost it more. I am only at 2.1 bar of boost , still on the stock 3bar MAP sensor.
    I mount 1x1000cc jet to the car(s) with ~3076gtx and 2bars boost. And boost is not a main thing , main thing is an airflow by the turbo.
    What is the % meth / water mix you are using at those cars?
    Because, the bigger the meth % , the bigger the jets you need.
    I am on 50 50 mix for the beginning.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •