TPH Coatings is the name
    ATP GTX3576R
    BEST ET 11.02
    BEST TRAP 128.35

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fyi, the rear upper A-arm ball joint is the same as the front lower ball joint. Evo 9 and evo 10 front lower balljoints are identical. There will be some parts marketed for the evo 9 that are not marketed for the evo 10.

Whiteline balljoints will fit in the rear, and so will the megan ball joints. I just put in megan ball joints in the rear of my car to replace the OEM version. Taller ball joint = higher roll center. FYI, the megan joints have two settings, both of which are designed to be taller than OEM. The megan joint will only fit in the rear upright in its tallest setting due to the length of the shank.

Also, evo 9 front Lower control arm front bushings (the small one) are identical to the evo 10 bushings for the front LCA. This same bushing is also identical for the rear upper control arm (the front, inboard small one). Hardrace makes a spherical for this application, marketed as the evo 9 front LCA bushing. I just installed this bushing in my front LCA and rear UCA's.

I also took the hardrace front LCA bushing (the big one) marketed for the evo 9 and installed it in my rear trailing arm and rear upper control arm (the big, rear bushing). This bushing will require modification!! I had to turn down each bushing .2 inches in order to fit the control arms. Also, the rear UCA will require you to grind down the height of the bushing where the bolt goes through as its too tall to fit in the bracket on the subframe. The only other option is spending $500 PER bushing for cusco's version which is likely not even in production anymore. I have yet to run the car with the upgraded ball joints and sphericals. Still trying to fit these 18x12's But i can say everything pressed in and bolted up perfectly.
    Last edited by HispanicPanic; 05-21-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HispanicPanic View Post
    fyi, the rear upper A-arm ball joint is the same as the front lower ball joint. Evo 9 and evo 10 front lower balljoints are identical. There will be some parts marketed for the evo 9 that are not marketed for the evo 10.

Whiteline balljoints will fit in the rear, and so will the megan ball joints. I just put in megan ball joints in the rear of my car to replace the OEM version. Taller ball joint = higher roll center. FYI, the megan joints have two settings, both of which are designed to be taller than OEM. The megan joint will only fit in the rear upright in its tallest setting due to the length of the shank.

Also, evo 9 front Lower control arm front bushings (the small one) are identical to the evo 10 bushings for the front LCA. This same bushing is also identical for the rear upper control arm (the front, inboard small one). Hardrace makes a spherical for this application, marketed as the evo 9 front LCA bushing. I just installed this bushing in my front LCA and rear UCA's.

I also took the hardrace front LCA bushing (the big one) marketed for the evo 9 and installed it in my rear trailing arm and rear upper control arm (the big, rear bushing). This bushing will require modification!! I had to turn down each bushing .2 inches in order to fit the control arms. Also, the rear UCA will require you to grind down the height of the bushing where the bolt goes through as its too tall to fit in the bracket on the subframe. The only other option is spending $500 PER bushing for cusco's version which is likely not even in production anymore. I have yet to run the car with the upgraded ball joints and sphericals. Still trying to fit these 18x12's But i can say everything pressed in and bolted up perfectly.
    OMG THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THIS INFORMATION! But seriously, this confirmed many things I already thought to be true, I appreciate the input.
    08 Evo X GSR

Chet Rickerman Tuned

EFR 8374 IWG, AMS TMP, Stock Block, FBO, Pump 93
    ??? Whp | ??? Wtq