User Tag List

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Official DKevo's "your mom" thread...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still here
    FP BB Red turbo : Darton Sleeved 2.0 : Arias custom Pistons : Kelford - B Cams and springs : Supertech- valves : ID 1300 fuel injectors : Exedy - Twin Clutch
    BakaUnchi Tuned : Mustang Dyno 91 4010whp, e85 501whp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came back for the first time in months to find the place pretty much dead.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_X View Post
    Yup, two out of the three that actually post have sold their evos. Third one is about to (me)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still a lurker...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m about just.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea. I've always been a bit of a lurker and behind the scenes guy. I have quite the build, but never post about it as I don't feel like I'm cool enough lol. I still check in on here daily to see what or if anyone is talking about anything interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Yup, two out of the three that actually post have sold their evos. Third one is about to (me)
    I'm also on the brink of selling my evo as well. Unless you wrench, tune and fab parts on your own car then its a headache trying to deal with shops and getting average service. This ruins the experience and after spending ridiculous amounts of money, the reality sets in and we are forced to go insane or move on.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Hi people! Curious who sees this. Reply if you're still active! I'm done with school, so may have more time to be active again.
    You should go check out MSRH if you have the time!

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kento240 View Post

I'm also on the brink of selling my evo as well. Unless you wrench, tune and fab parts on your own car then its a headache trying to deal with shops and getting average service. This ruins the experience and after spending ridiculous amounts of money, the reality sets in and we are forced to go insane or move on.
    Way past insane. I'm now 3,000 miles away from my evo but it doesn't matter because I never saw it when I was 10 miles away from it since I've had it working maybe 3 months out of the last two years. I'm over it.

I just want a car I change the oil, get alignments and track now. Shops suck. Modding cars to make them fast for 10% of the year sucks. Maybe it took me 27 years of modding cars and throwing money and time down the shitter to finally realize this.

As much as I know a BRZ/FRS will drive me nuts because no power. A 20k car that is at least somewhat fun on track that I just change oil on sounds super appealing right about now.

I was going to go ZL1 1LE but now that I live in a state that has a real winter, it's hard to justify 65k on a car I drive maybe half the year. I already have that shit now.
    Last edited by razorlab; 07-23-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kento240 View Post

Way past insane. I'm now 3,000 miles away from my evo but it doesn't matter because I never saw it when I was 10 miles away from it since I've had it working maybe 3 months out of the last two years. I'm over it.

I just want a car I change the oil, get alignments and track now. Shops suck. Modding cars to make them fast for 10% of the year sucks. Maybe it took me 27 years of modding cars and throwing money and time down the shitter to finally realize this.

As much as I know a BRZ/FRS will drive me nuts because no power. A 20k car that is at least somewhat fun on track that I just change oil on sounds super appealing right about now.

I was going to go ZL1 1LE but now that I live in a state that has a real winter, it's hard to justify 65k on a car I drive maybe half the year. I already have that shit now.
    AMG c43 is what's next for me. AWD 3.0 v6 turbo.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalAF View Post

AMG c43 is what's next for me. AWD 3.0 v6 turbo.
    If I wanted another high performance vehicle to be in the shop all the time, I would just keep the Evo.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
    You are alive!!! Thought you and Matt May have holed up somewhere cuddling till the politics got over with. Lol. Good to see you, now what about the EVO?
    Yeah, I disappeared sorry. School kicked my ass

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAF View Post
    Yeah, still here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evobigz View Post
    Still here
    So many more than I expected

Sorry to hear man, but I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Im still a lurker...

Sweet, Hows the evo doing? I need to check your build thread, I'm way behind.

Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    here.
    What's up dude! I'm glad you are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamEvo View Post
    Hi people! Curious who sees this. Reply if you're still active! I'm done with school, so may have more time to be active again.
    What is MSRH??

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also,

I am moving to New Jersey in 3 months. So if anyone is in New Jersey, I could use a friend.

Speaking of which, anyone know how hard it is to pass emissions testing in NJ without a cat??

And any good shops in the Northern NJ area?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also,

I am moving to New Jersey in 3 months. So if anyone is in New Jersey, I could use a friend.

Speaking of which, anyone know how hard it is to pass emissions testing in NJ without a cat??

Everyone is moving to NJ. Cough, razor, cough. Haha

Been trying to meet the guy forever lol. I actually hung out with @Black E the other day on the lake lol.

Where in NJ? Let me know when you are around. Maybe we'll do a track day or something

'11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is MSRH??
    Motorsports Ranch Houston. https://msrhouston.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime motoring in Wallington has been good to me, pretty big on subbies there but you'll see evos and a pretty nice supra & nsx.
    Emissions I do have a cat but I believe you can pass without it since they didn't even check my exhaust. Only thing I had to do was remove my tune - giving them a weird code saying that the car was not ready. Secaucus inspection station wants to get people in and out quickly so they just hook up to OBD and go.

Forgot to add: Iveytune is very popular with evos, do a lot of GTRs now but still show love to evos.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also,

I live in New Jersey now. South Orange in North Jersey. My sorry excuse for an evo is still in California. Been sitting in the shop for six months now. I can't even drive my VW here yet as it seems everything car related is out to get me. So I just walk to the train station and back.

Where are you moving to?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    Everyone is moving to NJ. Cough, razor, cough. Haha

Been trying to meet the guy forever lol. I actually hung out with @Black E the other day on the lake lol.

Where in NJ? Let me know when you are around. Maybe we'll do a track day or something
    Yeah! Northern NJ somewhere, don't know exactly where yet. Within commuting distance of Florham Park, but I want to live somewhere with the option to commute to downtown NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEvox View Post
    Prime motoring in Wallington has been good to me, pretty big on subbies there but you'll see evos and a pretty nice supra & nsx.
    Emissions I do have a cat but I believe you can pass without it since they didn't even check my exhaust. Only thing I had to do was remove my tune - giving them a weird code saying that the car was not ready. Secaucus inspection station wants to get people in and out quickly so they just hook up to OBD and go.

Forgot to add: Iveytune is very popular with evos, do a lot of GTRs now but still show love to evos.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I bit the bullet and bought a GESI HFC. Going to have kozmic weld it in and retune the car before I move. So that's like a $1300 ouch. But at least I don't need to worry about it. And, I get to find out exactly how much HP a HFC really impacts.

Motorsports Ranch Houston. https://msrhouston.com/
    Oh duh. I have a buddy lives right near it. He flies, so we fly over it sometimes. I never did get a chance to track the car here, and probably won't before the move. Working full time and school fulltime just killed my life. Also met a girl and got engaged so just had a lot going on over the past couple years.

Maybe though!

I live in New Jersey now. South Orange in North Jersey. My sorry excuse for an evo is still in California. Been sitting in the shop for six months now. I can't even drive my VW here yet as it seems everything car related is out to get me. So I just walk to the train station and back.

Where are you moving to?
    dude your luck with cars sucks. I'm sorry.

But hey, when i'm in the area we should all meet up. Would be cool just to meet a bunch of you guys I've know for a decade + now!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I will be up there the weekend after next. We are flying up to start house hunting. But I doubt I'll have much time to meet anyone.

I'll be moving and living up there permanently starting beginning of November. I actually grew up in NJ, and have technically lived more years in NJ than any other state in my life. But last time I lived or was even in NJ (besides flying through Newark), I was 13 years old lol. Lived in Kinnelon and loved it, but goddamn houses there are expensive :/

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I will be up there the weekend after next. We are flying up to start house hunting. But I doubt I'll have much time to meet anyone.

I'll be moving and living up there permanently starting beginning of November. I actually grew up in NJ, and have technically lived more years in NJ than any other state in my life. But last time I lived or was even in NJ (besides flying through Newark), I was 13 years old lol. Lived in Kinnelon and loved it, but goddamn houses there are expensive :/
    So far I am loving South Orange. Close enough to Manhattan but feels chill. I commute to midtown every day on the train and my door to door commute is a little under an hour which is pretty much minimum anywhere I think. Also, super close to Newark airport (but not close enough to be a problem) if you are flying a good bit.