User Tag List

Thread: Scion FR-S at 2017 SCCA Crow's Landing Championship Tour

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scion FR-S at 2017 SCCA Crow's Landing Championship Tour

This is my fastest run from day 1. I coned all three of them and was pretty pissed with the last one (as you can see in the video). I hit the 2nd to last cone on the hard right just before the finish or else I would have been about 2.3 seconds faster (I lifted a little after I hit it, no sense risking the car on a dirty run).

Fastest run from day 2 (had a clean run but it was over 2 seconds slower than this one). I hit the exit cone of the C-Box but I didn't let up on this one like I did the day before. Wasn't as upset at this one since I was already too far out because of day 1 to really make any movement on the rest of the class. Out of 9 drivers I took 8th with TWO dirty runs which I guess is okay. Would have easily been 7th and vying for 5th/6th if I could avoid hitting cones.

Overall not a bad weekend for me considering the car isn't fully prepped, I haven't driven on concrete in forever, and I'm trying out the new BFG Rival 1.5s for the first time.

2012 EvoX MR - 11.289 @ 123.24mph
    2015 Scion FR-S - D-Street in SCCA Solo II
    Info/Pics: Instagram / Build Thread
    Sponsors: DSGPerformance
    Founder: Evil Apex Racing

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot you got a different one.

Comparison?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post

Comparison?
    Roughly the same. A little lighter and seems to get to top speed sooner but without the TRD springs the responsiveness is different. I liked the turn-in with the springs better. It feels sloppy now so I may need to go back to having toe-out in the front. It also gets about -0.7 more camber in the front on both sides than the yellow one did (-1.6 vs. -0.9) which is crazy. Still need to do brake pads and I'm waiting on my cat-back that is supposed to save 30lbs. Should be a really strong DS car after that. Another guy had his car break and hopped in mine on Sunday and he was 3 seconds faster than me in it so I know there's a lot there still that I'm not getting out of it. Mostly I just need to put my foot down harder.

2012 EvoX MR - 11.289 @ 123.24mph
    2015 Scion FR-S - D-Street in SCCA Solo II
    Info/Pics: Instagram / Build Thread
    Sponsors: DSGPerformance
    Founder: Evil Apex Racing

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post

Comparison?
    Roughly the same. A little lighter and seems to get to top speed sooner but without the TRD springs the responsiveness is different. I liked the turn-in with the springs better. It feels sloppy now so I may need to go back to having toe-out in the front. It also gets about -0.7 more camber in the front on both sides than the yellow one did (-1.6 vs. -0.9) which is crazy. Still need to do brake pads and I'm waiting on my cat-back that is supposed to save 30lbs. Should be a really strong DS car after that. Another guy had his car break and hopped in mine on Sunday and he was 3 seconds faster than me in it so I know there's a lot there still that I'm not getting out of it. Mostly I just need to put my foot down harder.
    god damn!

definitely looks fun though