User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Android Head Unit Released

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Legoctf did you order it? I'm also considering.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustrianGuy View Post
    @Legoctf did you order it? I'm also considering.
    I did! I should have it on monday. Ill be installing it probably that day, so I will update how it goes and how well it functions. Ill try and remember to take pictures as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, looking forward to your review

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally showed up!

Unfortunately I cannot install it at the moment as my car is at the shop for paint, but hopefully this weekend or early next week I will have it back for install.
    As far as out of the box goes it doesn't look too bad. The "documentation" it comes with isn't very helpful, just a color guide that doesn't tell you much. Packaging seemed decent, and I did open up the unit to inspect the inside to attempt to verify the presence of extra ram/chip. I did see the chip but the ram I was unsure of, but the overall construction seems okay.

When I go for the install I will be sure to keep you updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Finally showed up!

Unfortunately I cannot install it at the moment as my car is at the shop for paint, but hopefully this weekend or early next week I will have it back for install.
    As far as out of the box goes it doesn't look too bad. The "documentation" it comes with isn't very helpful, just a color guide that doesn't tell you much. Packaging seemed decent, and I did open up the unit to inspect the inside to attempt to verify the presence of extra ram/chip. I did see the chip but the ram I was unsure of, but the overall construction seems okay.

When I go for the install I will be sure to keep you updated
    thanks! they have a sale till 30th march. 287 (w/o shipping, customs) for that one not sure if i should pull the trigger now? :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! Finally got around to test fitting it in the car, still waiting for the trim piece from the painter though. I wanted to plug it in, make sure it worked without any issues

Fitted in the car. Pretty easy install, even with the canbus adapter. Very plug and play.

First boot up, overall its smooth. Im not a fan of the gold icon pack but I intend to change that. General functionality seems fine, tested with wifi, bluetooth, radio, and watched a youtube video. Definitely felt stable, no random crashes or issues yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. yeah the gold icons aren't my cup of tea either. anyway,i actually ordered mine 2 days ago =)
    edit: have you comfirmed the 4gb ram?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have, and the correct chip. It seems to be the real deal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoctf View Post
    Yes I have, and the correct chip. It seems to be the real deal
    Have you ran music and the torque app?? Or some kind of car logger??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My android unit has no issues playing music and running racecapture. However I do have it streaming via bluetooth, not playing off the units HD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can SiriusXM work with these android units?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the radio, Bluetooth, google play, usb, and YouTube for audio sources and they all work fine. I have not used torque yet since I don't have the Bluetooth obd adapter, but I did order one and will report on it when I get to try it out.

Unfortunately satellite radio does not work on this headunit. However sirius does have an app to listen to their channels via data if you so desire

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    My android unit has no issues playing music and running racecapture. However I do have it streaming via bluetooth, not playing off the units HD.
    Yeah,

I have the same one and it hiccups with race-capture running no matter which music source: flash drive, radio, bluetooth. It's really annoying. Once every 5-10seconds it clearly struggles and screws up the music notes.

I'm going to try resetting the head unit to factory. Are you using any car launcher? or just the default launcher?

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKevoX View Post
    Yeah,

I have the same one and it hiccups with race-capture running no matter which music source: flash drive, radio, bluetooth. It's really annoying. Once every 5-10seconds it clearly struggles and screws up the music notes.

I'm going to try resetting the head unit to factory. Are you using any car launcher? or just the default launcher?
    I don't know what you mean by car launcher so I'm guessing I'm using the default?

I changed nothing about the software that came with the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone had luck with evodroid 7 or solostorm on these units?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about solostorm, but Evodroid is slow as hell. It's only useful to log temperatures or other stuff with low update rate.

For those who are having problems with Racecapture app, did you try to disable the "Record Session" option in preferences menu? It will disable datalogging in android, but you still can log your data through RCP card slot.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psfp View Post
    Not sure about solostorm, but Evodroid is slow as hell. It's only useful to log temperatures or other stuff with low update rate.

For those who are having problems with Racecapture app, did you try to disable the "Record Session" option in preferences menu? It will disable datalogging in android, but you still can log your data through RCP card slot.
    This fixed @DKevoX issue!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,

I don't know what you mean by car launcher so I'm guessing I'm using the default?

I changed nothing about the software that came with the unit.
    I use the Car Launcher pro app thanks to @Madmartigan's recommendation:

It's just a simplified page to display key information and have easy access to apps. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psfp View Post

This fixed @DKevoX issue!
    Yup! This fixed it!! Thank you both! Why do i need that shit recorded to the headunit? dumb setting.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just a simplified page to display key information and have easy access to apps. I like it.
    Ah. I bought my head unit basically for RaceCapture, and since RaceCapture auto launches every time I turn the car on I have no need for something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the steering wheel controls work with these?

Edit: Nevermind, searched the thread and found my answer.
    Last edited by Pargy; 04-10-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. I bought my head unit basically for RaceCapture, and since RaceCapture auto launches every time I turn the car on I have no need for something like that.

How did you set that up?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post

How did you set that up?
    Swipe from the left of the screen when in racecapture app, and then there's an option to launch to the dashboard or something. As long as racecapture was the last app open, when you turn on the car it should launch right into it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap.. just saw the comment on the blue wire for the antenna power. I wonder if that's why my signal has been absolutely awful. I thought I had everything wired up properly (everything seeeeeems to work), but the radio reception definitely seemed wonky.

Interesting that there's a few new versions of this thing. Is there a noticeable feel of difference between the octa and newer quad (if anyone has "upgraded")?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So received mine yesterday. Only did a quick content check. According to the seller they also sent me the new version that is only 1 DIN.
    Now I'm unsure if the send me the right canbus. I have a 2010 MR with MMCS and Rockford. Ordered 07-13 Canbus.
    But this one looks like a newer one? Anyone can confirm?

IMG_20180417_135833237.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to possibly purchase the newest android 8.0 head unit too. So what are your guys first impressions and do you recommend buying it? How responsive is the touch screen?
    FP BB Red turbo
    Darton Sleeved 2.0
    Arias custom Pistons
    Kelford - B Cams and springs
    Supertech- valves
    ID 1300 fuel injectors
    AMS ? fuel rail
    walbro 450
    Exedy - Twin Clutch
    Jacks - bulletproof differential
    AEM - gauges
    BakaUnchi Tuned