Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1454

Thread: MITYAZ GSR Build Thread

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black E View Post
    So all you have to do is sign up and fly there?!?
    Yea! Thats awesome! Cant wait to go

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the build man. So did the engine fail in the same way as the last one? I saw that you have a 4p head.... one thing that comes to mind is if the cylinders aren't 100% even, that could cause differences in combustion efficiency which could cause just 1 cylinder to poop out. I know 4p heads aren't cheap and they're the top of the rung for all the Honda Bois. I have a personal fantasy of doing a full N/A build on a DOHC ZC inside my honda CRX, pushing ~200 hp wheel on a engine that weighs 120 lbs less than any B or K series. That thing would ruin any of the nasa classes it could fit into or even Lemons/Chump races. Which is what i'm building the car for eventually.... 24 hr endurance races. I figure i keep the evo for TT stuff, then use the rex to focus on getting quality seat time in 24 hr races.

Which brings me to my next point, what are your goals for racing? Maybe it'll be best to get a 'sporty' DD that makes you really happy, then get a crazy reliable/cheap shitbox that you can rag on for the sake of seat time? WRL, Chump, and Lemons are probably the best series to run in if you consider seat time to be a #1 priority. I know a corvette technically qualifies as something you can DD, but its a bit less of a decent DD than, say, the new civic type r. I'm just thinking in terms of ride height, cost of maintenance, and ability to park in tight spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZR1! That's awesome. I'm assuming you bought it used since it has a plate? Although I thought NJ plates where yellow and black?

Where you are you listing your evo parts for sale?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Razor that’s a temp tag, he bought new.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @HispanicPanic Well, my goal is to have something for the track that does not break down and is covered by warranty. hence the ZR1. My woman still may get into the evo after all, but we'll see what she says
    @razorlab Bought it new with 1 mile on it. Its a 3zr ZTK in ceramic gray matrix. Comes with all the aero, special track suspension, cup 2's. Also has competition seats with cutouts for hanesses. I ended up getting a 7speed manual as i loved how it shifted. Some say that auto is too slow to shift (because it's not a dual clutch). Apparently this is a super rare combo. GM is not accepting orders anymore and the dealers can't get any more allocations. This is a very limited car.
    @Black E said he will get one too hahaha
    '11 GSR

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Razor that’s a temp tag, he bought new.
    Got it. California doesn't do temp plates, just temp tags. One of the thousand things I have to re-learn now that I am in a new state on the opposite coast. That and those stupid tags that stay on the windows here

Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    @razorlab Bought it new with 1 mile on it. Its a 3zr ZTK in ceramic gray matrix. Comes with all the aero, special track suspension, cup 2's. Also has competition seats with cutouts for hanesses. I ended up getting a 7speed manual as i loved how it shifted. Some say that auto is too slow to shift (because it's not a dual clutch). Apparently this is a super rare combo. GM is not accepting orders anymore and the dealers can't get any more allocations. This is a very limited car.
    That was going to be my next question, if you got it with the track package which you did. Sounds like an awesome car. Would love to see it later this summer after we get settled in our house and come back from our wedding!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got all factory seats (leather recaros) back into the evo. Put oem doors back on.
    @razorlab i am selling things on FB. Still have quite a few things to sell.

Im down to meet up sometime. Or maybe even on the track. I need about 150mi more for my 500mi oil change on the ZR1 and then track time. Also wanted to get a clear bra before that. Probably gonna get another set of wheels for track.

First impressions of the zr1 is that it has power everywhere. Im still not going over 4.5K rpm redline until first oil change but the car feels plenty capable nonetheless. I guess because it has power everywhere it doesn't scare me like the evo does.

Another thing with what im impressed is how smooth and precise the 7gear manual box is. Driving is a real "purist" Corvette experience hahah.

The car is made for the track. I have a video camera right over the mirror that records track session with all sorts of overlays and track data. The display is highly customizable and the HUD ( heads up display) is awesome and has a few themes too.

This thing has carbon fiber everywhere inside and out.
    Also every duct opening leads to a heat exchanger (of which there are 13.

So far im super happy with how it is. Will be contacting the zr1 owners school and do a 2 day course

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC View Post
    Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
    Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mityaz the PDR even logs everything, you can use the Cosworth logging software to display all the data from the USB card.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mityaz the PDR even logs everything, you can use the Cosworth logging software to display all the data from the USB card.
    Yea, i saw some videos on that.
    It also records video and audio during the valet mode lol. Pretty neat

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats man! Nothing to be ashamed of. You're moving onto something far superior! Looking forward to the new build and what the Z is all about!
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pick up. congrates

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    Congrats man! Nothing to be ashamed of. You're moving onto something far superior! Looking forward to the new build and what the Z is all about!
    Thanks man. Well, hopefully i will not be needing any mods for a while on the zr1. That was my reasoning of why i bought it (yea right, reasoning....)

What track insurance is everyone using? Heard about open track, but it seems like they want you to get their full year plan, otherwise its very expensive. Other options?

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super cool feature unfortunately it records in real low quality. Make sure you keep your go-pro for high res track action

What track insurance is everyone using? Heard about open track, but it seems like they want you to get their full year plan, otherwise its very expensive. Other options?
    I used Hagerty the last two years. They use RLI Insurance for coverage. They are great.

Prepare yourself for some serious sticker shock for coverage on a $120,000 car.

I cover my Evo at $49k value with a 10% deductible and the policy premium is $274 an event (which means if it's a two day event it also covers you for two days) and of course I would be on the hook for the 10% deductible if I made a claim which is a little under $5k. Better than losing the whole $50k though.

https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Track-Day-Insurance
    Last edited by razorlab; 05-28-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Super cool feature unfortunately it records in real low quality. Make sure you keep your go-pro for high res track action

I used Hagerty the last two years. They are great. However, prepare for some serious sticker shock for coverage on a $120,000 car.

I cover my Evo at $49k value with a 10% deductible and the policy premium is $274 an event (which means if it's a two day event it also covers you for two days) and of course I would be on the hook for the 10% deductible which is a little under $5k. Better than the whole $50k though.

https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Track-Day-Insurance
    So to cover 150K zr1 they want like 5500 for the whole year with 5% deductible. Maybe it is the best deal. I dont think i will do more than 10 track days tho. And jersey is seasonal.

Haggerty's "per event" feature is neat. I'll have to sit down and calculate things.

BTW, signed up for a zr1 owner track school. They give you the exact zr1 that you have. Super excited for that.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on the track insurance but I also use Hagerty for the Evo. Their agreed value policies are great! Paying $25 less per month than I was with Farmers who would only insure up to $10k in modifications. Sorry to hijack!
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corvette comes with pool noodles to put on the rotors during removal and installation of wheels. Kinda cool i guess.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful car man, congrats!!!
    FP BB Red turbo : Darton Sleeved 2.0 : Arias custom Pistons : Kelford - B Cams and springs : Supertech- valves : ID 1300 fuel injectors : Exedy - Twin Clutch
    BakaUnchi Tuned : Mustang Dyno 91 4010whp, e85 501whp

Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corvette comes with pool noodles to put on the rotors during removal and installation of wheels. Kinda cool i guess.
    That's because if you chip that ceramic rotor, you are screwed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started disassembling the motor conglomerate. The turbo gasket failed again. It it wasnt the compression this time it would have been this insane turbo leak. Seems like i just cant win with this car.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Separated the head from the block. Thongs look pretty good there. The crown of #1 piston looks a bit "wet" or oily, and the valves look a bit "wet" on #1 cylinder intake. The rest looks good. No score marks, no obvious valve damage.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled the bearings. They all look pretty decent to me. Will send the block off to get honed. new rings and bearings.
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pics of my other evo.
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats, cant wait to see videos on track.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thing is a monster!

'11 GSR