User Tag List

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,451 to 1,471 of 1471

Thread: MITYAZ GSR Build Thread

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much did track insurance set you back?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 5600 for the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '11 GSR
    current: same exact as last. new block, new head. no kaboom yet.

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
    About 5600 for the year.
    Holy crap. I’m assuming you are going to be tracking it at least once a month since it’s costing you an additional $466/m for that!

Don’t even want to ask how much you normal insurance is.

I’ve been shopping around for insurance for the Evo, “collector car insurance” since I want to cover it with all mods and basically nobody wants to cover it or it they want an insane amount a year.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, im guessing i will be doing about 10-15 days a season. Maybe even go south somewhere during off season. Before the evo lost compression i managed 6 track days this season by may 19th.

Opentrack doesn't have good coverage options for single day events. At 10 track days you are breaking even compared to the yearly policy. Plus, yearly policy gives you a 5% deductible, as opposed to 10% with per-event policy. And all the hassle of making sure you buy the policy for each track day.

Going to Monticello track tomorrow! Very excite

'11 GSR

2.05L/darton,ProH,CP 10:1 w/Ultimate pins. IWG9174 .92. GSC-S2. 4P head +1mm In/Ex. <--KABOOM (blown HG)

Past: 2.4L,Manley94,Pro-H,Wiseco,10:1,Darton,4P head,GSC all,Supertec valves,FR 9174 IWG .92,2x450 Walbro/EP control,ID1700,Flex,OSGiken triple. <--KABOOM (spun rod bearing)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who still follow (say something sometime)

Evo is still in pieces. Dont have much time or will to work on it.

The ZR1 is doing well. Did 3 track days. Bent 2 wheels by hitting curbs. Got a set of billet signature wheels in 11.5" front and 12.5" rear. Going to limerock with the Ferrari club, then ron fellows, then palmer. All in 3 consecutive weekends! Yea.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ZR1 is doing well. Did 3 track days. Bent 2 wheels by hitting curbs. Got a set of billet signature wheels in 11.5" front and 12.5" rear. Going to limerock with the Ferrari club, then ron fellows, then palmer. All in 3 consecutive weekends! Yea.

What kind of curbs are you hitting to bend the wheels? What kind of bends? Surprised the wheels bent that soon, assuming those are the OEM wheels that got bent. Never heard of those billet signature wheels, are these them? https://www.signaturewheel.com/ They look pretty awesome. Finspeed as also a popular high end wheel from what I hear.

Also check out GPSEED for corvette stuff, if you haven't already heard of them. They are based out of DFW area and their track Corvettes are pretty legendary (at least around Texas). Don't know if they have any thing worth while for the ZR1.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AdamEvo

The sad part is that i wasn't even doing anything crazy with the curbs. Started picking up some vibration. Mounted them on the balancer and sure enough you can see a slight wobble. Apparently this is a common issue with people tracking corvettes. There is even a talk of a class action lawsuit in the works about soft malleable wheels. I called GM. They said "tough luck". Told me i hit a pothole lol. The bent wheels are not even on the same side lol. But hey, i can't keep arguing with them.

Yes, those are the wheels. Apparently Ford Racing school uses them. I got the SV704. They are lightweight billet wheels. Putting 315 front and 345 rear tires on them. As nimble as the zr1 is, it does need more tire. Both front and rear. And stock Cup 2s wear like crazy. Im already at the use limit of the tire.

As far as mods go, i am trying to not have to modify the car at all. That was my whole reasoning behind getting this car for track. I wanted the exact opposite of what the evo was. I just want to change oil and tires and track it.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post some track videos in the Vette!
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AdamEvo

Yes, those are the wheels. Apparently Ford Racing school uses them. I got the SV704. They are lightweight billet wheels. Putting 315 front and 345 rear tires on them. As nimble as the zr1 is, it does need more tire. Both front and rear. And stock Cup 2s wear like crazy. Im already at the use limit of the tire.

As far as mods go, i am trying to not have to modify the car at all. That was my whole reasoning behind getting this car for track. I wanted the exact opposite of what the evo was. I just want to change oil and tires and track it.

Just about every car can use more tire on track! Bummer about the factory wheels. Glad to see the ZR1 is treating you well otherwise.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DereksX View Post
    Post some track videos in the Vette!
    I have some on my youtube. Look up "mitya z"

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still around. Just been busy closing on my second house. Finally get a garage. What the date your at palmer? Can probably swing by and say hi since its like 40 minutes from me now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zabes View Post

I'm still around. Just been busy closing on my second house. Finally get a garage. What the date your at palmer? Can probably swing by and say hi since its like 40 minutes from me now.
    Congrats on the house. We are going thru the process now too. Settling in Atlantic Highlands.

I'm in Palmer Aug 17-18 with NASA. I haven't been there before. Super exited. Sign up and drive with us!
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, you chillin' in that thing. However I understand it's a totally different car and will take time to get used to it. Look forward to the max attack videos.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    Damn, you chillin' in that thing. However I understand it's a totally different car and will take time to get used to it. Look forward to the max attack videos.
    yea I hear you. The car is still intimidating to me. Also, the videos don't do it justice. It really does feel a lot faster in the car. Not sure if you saw but in one of the videos i had to let my friend out because he got nauseous and threw up. As far as the raw explosiveness the evo had more of that. The zr1 is better all around.
    '11 GSR

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
    yea I hear you. The car is still intimidating to me. Also, the videos don't do it justice. It really does feel a lot faster in the car. Not sure if you saw but in one of the videos i had to let my friend out because he got nauseous and threw up. As far as the raw explosiveness the evo had more of that. The zr1 is better all around.
    Yea, going from AWD to RWD with insta torque is very intimidating. You might be getting up to some good peak speed but you are most def coasting through corners, but like we both said, totally different car and it will take time to get comfortable with it. Not saying any of this to shame you.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got new wheels for the my other evo.

'11 GSR

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoosiers too?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look great!
    WTF Built 2.0l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, what do they weigh?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They weigh a bit more than i thought they would, but for those sizes that's alright i guess. rear is 19x12.5 and weighs 24.0lbs, front is 19x11.5 and weighs 22.8lbs. These wheels give me pretty limited tire options if I want to maintain the factor 1.03 rear-to-front diameter ratio. Either r888r in 305/345 or hoosiers r7s in 315/345. Both tire combos give nearly exact 1.03 diameter ratios. Reason for that is the possibility of "ice mode" where the car thinks the wheels are slipping due to diameter ratios that are not stock.
    '11 GSR