User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Under Tray / Splitter / Brake Ducts Build

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemuth View Post
    I want the ability to remove the wing when not on the track. I don't mind having a few holes in the trunk or rear somewhere that can be plugged when the wing is not installed.

It would be nice to be able to operate the trunk lid with the wing on the car, but not necessary. I would like the structure in the trunk of the car, if any, to be easily removed.

I guess the simplest approach is to have a bracket that mounts to the rear crash beam. Three threaded holes that are flush with the bumper cover on each side would work for a quick disconnect.

Then, I would need to fabricate two upright posts that mount the wing. I suppose it would be straightforward to bore additional holes in the upright for adjusting wing height. However, once an optimal height is discovered there wouldn't be much use in the adjustment.
    I've been thinking of something like that over the last few weeks, with the added concept that I could easily interchange the stock high wing for a track wing with a slip on locking connection or bolt(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemuth View Post
    I want the ability to remove the wing when not on the track. I don't mind having a few holes in the trunk or rear somewhere that can be plugged when the wing is not installed.

It would be nice to be able to operate the trunk lid with the wing on the car, but not necessary. I would like the structure in the trunk of the car, if any, to be easily removed.

I guess the simplest approach is to have a bracket that mounts to the rear crash beam. Three threaded holes that are flush with the bumper cover on each side would work for a quick disconnect.

Then, I would need to fabricate two upright posts that mount the wing. I suppose it would be straightforward to bore additional holes in the upright for adjusting wing height. However, once an optimal height is discovered there wouldn't be much use in the adjustment.
    this is a prelim design i have for rear wing mounts. Can't show much more without giving away anything. but shows they would bolt through the rear bumper to the chassis and not through the trunk

rear_wing_mounts.jpg

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    you can buy my aeromotions static wing. it's almost half off msrp.
    if you want a quick bolt on solution, oh wait, it's you...
    I resemble that comment.
    The finger cannot point at itself.